OBD Modifications

Aug 5, 2021
Look on the bottom form the steering wheel inside. You see for the Kapazativ a flat module and in the other not. Iff you looking for a steering wheel you can see it at the button from the acc
Thanks for the information, I have got formerly the problem that not every steering wheel with Travelassistent is capacativ...
At this reason I'm looking for the right steering wheel...
At your pictures with ta is capacativ Function active, and the klr coding are right??

Aug 5, 2021
Well, I’ve removed my airbag. As I thought, I don’t have the female plug for the heating fonction on the steering wheel tree but otherwise It seems there would be no problem for installing the capacitive wheel.
However, do guys think that not being able to connect the heating plug would cause trouble with the travel assist feature. View attachment 27289
View attachment 27290
Is your steering wheel capacativ and have the Travel Assist function?

Have your car the missing plug for heating Function or the steering wheel?

Can you say me the partnumber of your capacativ wheel?

Last edited:

Antera

Aug 29, 2021
Breda, Netherlands
Www.vcds-coding.nl
Thanks for the information, I have got formerly the problem that not every steering wheel with Travelassistent is capacativ...
At this reason I'm looking for the right steering wheel...
At your pictures with ta is capacativ Function active, and the klr coding are right??

Please show me those steering wheel. I didn't find the solution without capactive steering wheel.

I coded indeed KLR but also without. There was no difference from the behave off TA

Steering wheel heating not conneted i didnt try. So i dont now iff this needed for that.

Aug 5, 2021
Please show me those steering wheel. I didn't find the solution without capactive steering wheel.

I coded indeed KLR but also without. There was no difference from the behave off TA

Steering wheel heating not conneted i didnt try. So i dont now iff this needed for that.

does that capacativ work well for you?
do you often get the message to take over the steering wheel?

in other posts it can be read that the steering wheel has additional pins at the lower end and above that the capacative is guaranteed - is that right?

Aug 5, 2021

Which partnumber has your steering wheel with ta?

Antera

Aug 29, 2021
Breda, Netherlands
Www.vcds-coding.nl
This one

Attachments

• 20210905_084044.jpg
    20210905_084044.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 190

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Is your steering wheel capacativ and have the Travel Assist function?

Have your car the missing plug for heating Function or the steering wheel?

Can you say me the partnumber of your capacativ wheel?
No, it’s the original. So far I’ve been unable to acquire one. I thought I was good but the seller went ghost on me

Antera

Aug 29, 2021
Breda, Netherlands
Www.vcds-coding.nl
Nice movie. Just out of curiosity, what software version are you on? Your graphics looks slightly different to mine (color of the road and other vehicles).
Show a picture of yours? I have to look this one is the first one who came out.

Awesome thanks! It would have been great if there was more info on how to take off the old steering wheel and connect the new one, since I'm really bad with manual stuff and have no idea how to approach this. Might take it to a professional or something to do it for me...
Remover the cover from the steering kolom and tachoframe bij pulling and then turn the wheel 0.25 a turn. Look at the backside you see a hole ( see the movie.) just put a flat screwdriver and push away the little wire you see. Turn the wheel half a turn and do the same. Set steering wheel straight and disconnect the battery. Remove the airbag.

Remove torx M12 bold and disconnect airbag and control module connector. Remove also the connector for steering wheel heating iff its there. Remove steering wheel en put new one on the car. Put everything back and done that part. Recode and done

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
I made a movie:

Great video, so I take it that you do not suffer from the "take over the steering wheel" every 10s or so when driving on motor way / high way after installing the capacitive wheel ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.