OBD Modifications

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
In my case, the lower pins on the steering wheel are also missing, as can be seen on ebay with your number
I think the issue is here, capacitive steering wheel have a second pins-pack, so if yours do not have the second pin, it may be the issue.
On my side, no luck yet finding a capacitive steering wheel to buy.

Aug 5, 2021
Hello, I would contact Seat again to get an original part number for the steering wheel I was looking for. can someone send me the FIN of their car which the steering wheel I am looking for has already been installed at the factory. Thanks very much

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
Idk if anyone here actually has the original capacitive steering wheel from factory 😅 From what I understand it should come with the XL package of the Leon.

Antera

Aug 29, 2021
Breda, Netherlands
Www.vcds-coding.nl
Here are my current settings, the ones in red are the ones I have changed. I have no idea what "HC_advanced_takeover_request" does, I coded it before "Klr" and it didn't seem to have an effect, so just left it like that.

Control unit A5:
View attachment 26986 View attachment 26987 View attachment 26988

Control unit 13:
View attachment 26989 View attachment 26990 View attachment 26991 View attachment 26992
I got it working to but still got the "take over steering wheel message" . Going to see why. I think it is because EA.

Aug 4, 2021
Hello I have obdeleven and would like to disable the sign on the belts, I've seen the option on obdeleven but it asks me for a code, does anyone know how to do this? thanks

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
I got it working to but still got the "take over steering wheel message" . Going to see why. I think it is because EA.
Also, was your initial wheel heated ?

anyway, I may have found one but I’m not sure if it will work as I’ve got manual gearbox and a non heated wheel. So wondering if I’ll have the wiring necessary to connect the 2 pins.
anyone interested to buy it from me if it doesn’t work on my car ?

Antera

Aug 29, 2021
Breda, Netherlands
Www.vcds-coding.nl
Awesome, good luck! If you could make a short video of the diy it would be great!
I will
Also, was your initial wheel heated ?

anyway, I may have found one but I’m not sure if it will work as I’ve got manual gearbox and a non heated wheel. So wondering if I’ll have the wiring necessary to connect the 2 pins.
anyone interested to buy it from me if it doesn’t work on my car ?
I have DSG and heated steering wheel. Int have it you doesnt have the wiring for it.

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
For those of you who have installed the new wheel, may one of you post a picture of the wiring from the car ?
I will remove my airbag tomorrow or the next day to see if my car is equipped with what is needed before buying the wheel and I'd like to know what to look for.
Also, to remove the negative pole of the battery, do you just open the hood and go from there and do you do something specific in the car before ?

Antera

Aug 29, 2021
Breda, Netherlands
Www.vcds-coding.nl
For those of you who have installed the new wheel, may one of you post a picture of the wiring from the car ?
I will remove my airbag tomorrow or the next day to see if my car is equipped with what is needed before buying the wheel and I'd like to know what to look for.
Also, to remove the negative pole of the battery, do you just open the hood and go from there and do you do something specific in the car before ?
There is no difference in wiring on the car. The steering wheel is different. Extra sensor in bottom off the space behind the airbag

OEM steering wheel without TA:
20210911_073846.jpg

OEM steering wheel with TA :

20210905_084022.jpg

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
There is no difference in wiring on the car. The steering wheel is different. Extra sensor in bottom off the space behind the airbag

OEM steering wheel without TA:
View attachment 27182

OEM steering wheel with TA :

View attachment 27184
thank you it's interesting, I see that the "left steering wheel plug" have a destination on your original set up.

So if there's no thing on mine, I'm out of it hardware wise. On the other hand, if it's there, it may work.

Again thank you

FalconTech

Jun 8, 2021
The token is a one-time (I'm guessing one-time) access code to the module, which is issued by the factory at the request of the service.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members