OBD Modifications

Aug 5, 2021
Hello the Travel Assist is working perfect,
Where can I find the assist view coding for change of lane at Navigationview.

but the error for the Steering wheel heating is unchanged.
I'm looking at obd eleven for central electric there i can see a permanent error b153804.

Can anyone Help me?!

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
but the error for the Steering wheel heating is unchanged.
I'm looking at obd eleven for central electric there i can see a permanent error b153804.

Can anyone Help me?!
Not really sure, as mine had heated steering wheel to begin with, so I didn't have that problem. If it's coded in the central electric module, then I think you are in trouble, as that might be locked by SFD. I'm on vacation right now so I can't look up my settings at the moment, but try and see if there is anything regarding heated steering wheel in long coding for the central electric and air condition modules?

What did you do with the extra plug on the steering wheel, did you have a plug in the car or is it not connected to anything?

Aug 5, 2021
my previous steering wheel also had the steering wheel heating in it, so I don't understand ... I've already tried to deactivate it with obd, unfortunately the error persists

Which extra plug?
I had the steering wheel installed, so it was said that the plugs are internally connected.

it would be nice if you could take pictures how it is related to them.

Reactions: Jmasters

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Which extra plug?
I had the steering wheel installed, so it was said that the plugs are internally connected.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought your old steering wheel was unheated, in which case the new one would have an extra plug for the heating wires. Since the old one was also heated, I would have expected it to be plug and play, not sure why it doesn't work :(

Aug 5, 2021
I think I must drive to my car dealer, he can control the steering wheel, and the heating functionality...
You don't notice much of the capacitive steering wheel either, how is it with you?

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
You don't notice much of the capacitive steering wheel either, how is it with you?
Yeah, same experience for me unfortunately. I don't actually think it is capacitive at all, which also seems to be backed up by various comments and videos on other sites. Looks like the facelifted Ibiza and Arona may be the first Seats to have a proper capacitive steering wheel.

Aug 5, 2021
that's a shame, then I hope I can solve the heating problem. Hopefully you will also find out how to activate the lane display

When you find a solution please write

Aug 8, 2021
Hello everyone i have a 2018 vw polo and have retrofitted the touch mk8 golf steering wheel but i have a problem,when using the Travel Assist and not having my hands on the steering wheel even for a second i get the message (Take over steering) constantly unless i have both hands on the wheel...My A5 camera is 2Q0980653 now before this touch steering wheel was fitted i had my normal steering wheel fitted which gave me the lane assist option (Adaptive Lane Guidance) and it did the same thing with this too:unsure:

So im wondering if anyone has come across this problem too and what did you do to solve this?

Any help would be great

thanks

Scott

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Hello everyone i have a 2018 vw polo and have retrofitted the touch mk8 golf steering wheel but i have a problem,when using the Travel Assist and not having my hands on the steering wheel even for a second i get the message (Take over steering) constantly unless i have both hands on the wheel...My A5 camera is 2Q0980653 now before this touch steering wheel was fitted i had my normal steering wheel fitted which gave me the lane assist option (Adaptive Lane Guidance) and it did the same thing with this too:unsure:

So im wondering if anyone has come across this problem too and what did you do to solve this?

Any help would be great

thanks

Scott
Hello,
Regardless of the timing for the warning to activate, this is precisely the point of the capacitive steering wheel: not having the warning as long as you have your hands on the wheel even if you don’t do any movement.
it’s not made to allow you to drive your car hands free

Aug 8, 2021
Hello,
Regardless of the timing for the warning to activate, this is precisely the point of the capacitive steering wheel: not having the warning as long as you have your hands on the wheel even if you don’t do any movement.
it’s not made to allow you to drive your car hands free
Hello thanks for your reply,but when you watch the videos for Adaptive Lane Guidance or Travel Assist you can 100% take your hands off the steering wheel for say 10 seconds at least.

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Hello thanks for your reply,but when you watch the videos for Adaptive Lane Guidance or Travel Assist you can 100% take your hands off the steering wheel for say 10 seconds at least.
I know what you meant, I just pointed out it's normal.
Though, I hear you, the 10s timer is a great thing to brag about your car with other people in it > "look, have nothing to do, ain't it cool ? :)"
Sadly, concerning myself, I've no idea how to help you get the 10s delay.

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Most accessory shops in Turkey activate this feature, has anyone tried it for Leon without changing the steering wheel?
Well, so far the main thing is to be able to remove the warning to take over the steering wheel and no one found how.
but you can activate adaptive lane guidance which is pretty much like travel assist

Well, so far the main thing is to be able to remove the warning to take over the steering wheel and no one found how.
but you can activate adaptive lane guidance which is pretty much like travel assist
It could be the lane assist I saw, I'm posting pictures of it. Turns on feature as adaptive cruise control

1629790389908.png

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.