SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

noidea

Aug 5, 2019
There are experts about...

What was the firmware it was on previously, you didn't jump trains did you which you can't do without fiddling.

This link is the one using Mib Tools above which takes you to the very last release of Seat or firmware options if listed but you cant jump straight into a new series train.

I just wonder when you said stuck on the boot screen it's whether you need to change the screen parameters as per the above if it was that one (upgrading to firmware 1447) and it was an allowed upgrade, the hidden screen business. If so you VCDS the parameter, Odbeleven etc and you see the screen... failing that it will be the train issue. The hidden screen apparently you can play music, listen to the radio but won't see anything. If that you frig to the Cupra screen. I never went for the latest firmware used a patch kindly provided by @jpmedia.

Over to the experts.
Thanks for the quick reply, i went from MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4517_MU1219 to 1447. I can connect odb11, but the screen stays on even when I turn off the car. Stuck on the seat screen.

Edit1: Gonna try that skin change and report back.

Edit2: That was exactly what it was, i needed to change to skin4 and after a reboot it started normally again. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Thanks for the quick reply, i went from MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4517_MU1219 to 1447. I can connect odb11, but the screen stays on even when I turn off the car. Stuck on the seat screen.

Edit1: Gonna try that skin change and report back.

Edit2: That was exactly what it was, i needed to change to skin4 and after a reboot it started normally again. Thanks a lot!
Pleased I gave you the correct answer. Reckon it's a specific Cupra version that one where it's assumed you have that skin. If you twiddle that before you start off it doesn't vanish. Well worth trying Mib Tool to get a FeC boost 😊. Later in the thread Anglixx did the patch.

Did you have to top up the languages files or was that fine in your case ?.

noidea

Aug 5, 2019
Thanks again, but i have an Cupra 290, so just a bug in the firmware i guess.
And i read up about the Mib tool as well, so gonna try that another time.
I haven't gone through with the actual firmware update now, just glad i have my unit back to normal for now.
So will look into all the issues and such before i will try to update the firmware again.

Tell

Staff member
Thanks again, but i have an Cupra 290, so just a bug in the firmware i guess.
And i read up about the Mib tool as well, so gonna try that another time.
I haven't gone through with the actual firmware update now, just glad i have my unit back to normal for now.
So will look into all the issues and such before i will try to update the firmware again.
I believe what it is with firmware 1447 it's only has got that skin inside it which I think is the fancy skin that Cupra people cherish 😉... may be after installation you can change it back again, but at install it seems it likes that skin else you see nothing. The German DEB board isnt totally clear about setting that skin as default at start, but best to do so you dont get a heart attack later.

If you haven't caught sight of any missing language files then you are good to go with the mib2 tool patch otherwise you have to top up with the previous release. Mib tool gives you the Seat and Skoda lifetime navigation FeC plus the performance screen if you haven't already got that and off road. Suspect you have the performance FeC already but not off road. I had the reverse since a diesel 4Drive you aren't racing but going off road may be. They are novelty screens.

The upshot is you can then load up the June 2021 maps which were not provided for use on Seats.... where the Skoda FeC comes in.

Tell

Staff member
You have in byte 17 selected skin 03? change to 04. reboot.... edit to late
He did 1006 and fixed, I told him in post 1005 with the method of diagnosis 😉.... didn't mention language issues so that's a variable that sometimes kicks in with 1447 so you have to go back to the previous release to top up. The DEB does hand waving on the missing files but clearly they are missing from some releases or ways of getting to the end point. Think it must be the latter.

Then I tried to encourage him to use Mib Tool to get the extra benefits. I said if no language issues go on to Mib Tool... I think if it's missing language files then Mib Tool doesn't work. Least it didn't for Angelixx above.

All is quite so I guess all went off smoothly.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Just a little update for those wanting to update to 0516.
After several weeks of using & testing I can confirm it is not as stable as 0515.

Many of the frequent frustrations that I had with 0514 have now returned.
Occasional freezing of the head unit, & regular CarPlay disconnects.

Anyone know if it’s safe to roll back and how to do it ?

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Just a little update for those wanting to update to 0516.
After several weeks of using & testing I can confirm it is not as stable as 0515.

Many of the frequent frustrations that I had with 0514 have now returned.
Occasional freezing of the head unit, & regular CarPlay disconnects.

Anyone know if it’s safe to roll back and how to do it ?
Will resist the temptation - thanks. Think the Arona is on 512.

You can roll back I reckon... that's been said when I've asked about it for interest. You cant jump trains without that process covered recently but can roll back within the train eg 5xx series. Least that's what has been said. Jumping trains forwards came up recent... don't know how it works in reverse but you are safe to go back to 515 from 516... 🤔. Mind you, you might want to wait confirmation from someone who has done it. I'm wondering whether it might need the developers menu SWDL enabled rather (Obdeleven / VCDS etc) than looking for the upgrade button. You'd find out by trying. No offered "update" it would then be SWDL.

Going backwards between trains, possible it appears.

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/th...fotainment-system.427280/page-33#post-4934896

The forward method between trains was documented recently. Think you need to be a programmer for that mind you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slickric21

nameless

Aug 10, 2021
Now that i have my MIB2 H41 in the version 0516T, i cant apply the patch (parse error metainfo). Do you know how to apply the patch with the sd card?

stanmy

Sep 20, 2021
I have a Leon form 2017. I want to know what the last possible firmware for my infotainment is.

5QA035858B
Hardware: H41
Software: 0462
MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0462T

MAPS:
6P0919866BT

Hope someone can help me out, I am from the Netherlands

Tell

Staff member
I have a Leon form 2017. I want to know what the last possible firmware for my infotainment is.

5QA035858B
Hardware: H41
Software: 0462
MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0462T

MAPS:
6P0919866BT

Hope someone can help me out, I am from the Netherlands
There appears to be an 0478 without jumping software trains. Jumping trains is only for experienced users with programming skills. If you jumped trains 0515 would seem to be better than 0516 from above.

Unless you have issues I'd leave it.

Last edited:

stanmy

Sep 20, 2021
What do you mean exactly. I have problems with my andriod auto which closes when the phone is 100% loaded.

I want to tey upgrading the firmware.

Which version is oke? Which is save.

Someone told me that 0479 is the last update for my system?

Reactions: Tell and nameless

Tell

Staff member
What do you mean exactly. I have problems with my andriod auto which closes when the phone is 100% loaded.

I want to tey upgrading the firmware.

Which version is oke? Which is save.

Someone told me that 0479 is the last update for my system?
Why people upgrade the software if you feel confident. The links are on the thread although 0479 didn't spring out at me although could have been there in non sort order.... oh yes just spotted it.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.