What did you and your MK2 do today?

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
[M]ike;4337345 said:
Fitted my Revo induction kit, didn't all go too smooth. The heat shield / barrier where the cone connects to the pipework was rubbing and didn't fit. Have to modify the heat shield to make if fit properly . Sound is pretty loud but was expected going from stock to open cone filter. While the engine cover was off I checked the DV to see that its Rev D, so no need to make expenses there.

I've just bought a revo induction kit, hope my heatshield fits and doesn't rub :(

Can you PM me some details n possibly a pic about this bud? :)

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
[M]ike;4337479 said:
Sure thing mate. Still need to modify and fit the heatshield. Fitting it Saturday.

Brill, thanks mate! That would be spot on!

Going to be doing mine in 2 weeks time when I return home so a few tips would be ideal along with pics and any mods that need to be done, should hopefully speed the process up for me. Cheers again :)

mcmanus1806

Dec 31, 2013
Fitted a pair of Osram Nightbreakers plus, which are pretty decent (till i get projector HiD's) also bumped into another forum member, Raced a 63 plate golf GTD 170 (there was nothing in it, in fact id say i was pulling better) also raced a 13 plate VXR corsa with a full Remus exhaust pushing about 210bhp, not even a car length in it (his rear bumper didnt make it past my front :) not bad for a FR TDi 170 (standard)

Tander

Nov 28, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
So these last few days I noticed my Polar FIS+ was not showing a few menu items that were there before (Rain sensor / Light sensor %, etc) unplugged it re plugged it in and reset it now it shows up. Has anyone else had this before?

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
So these last few days I noticed my Polar FIS+ was not showing a few menu items that were there before (Rain sensor / Light sensor %, etc) unplugged it re plugged it in and reset it now it shows up. Has anyone else had this before?

dunno about that but i have noticed on mine that sometimes when im driving the display that shows you what geat your in will disappear. and then when you change gear its back again.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site

Read of quite a few people having this kind of issue. It's a PITA but the steps you performed are the correct way to go about it.

Maybe best to register to their forum and make a post regarding it, if it's a recurring problem for yourself they maybe able to offer some assistance or maybe even put a bug fix into a future update.

Tander

Nov 28, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Read of quite a few people having this kind of issue. It's a PITA but the steps you performed are the correct way to go about it.

Maybe best to register to their forum and make a post regarding it, if it's a recurring problem for yourself they maybe able to offer some assistance or maybe even put a bug fix into a future update.

Thanks - its the first time its happened since I got the car. Will just monitor it. If it happens again, I'll pop over to their forums.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Fitted a pair of Osram Nightbreakers plus, which are pretty decent (till i get projector HiD's) also bumped into another forum member, Raced a 63 plate golf GTD 170 (there was nothing in it, in fact id say i was pulling better) also raced a 13 plate VXR corsa with a full Remus exhaust pushing about 210bhp, not even a car length in it (his rear bumper didnt make it past my front :) not bad for a FR TDi 170 (standard)

Are you sure it was running 210bhp? Because if so that would be stage 1 possibly 2 and I wouldn't have thought you would of had a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
These are the beauties ;)

jyqyta6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.