What did you and your MK2 do today?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Will be a Stage2+ car then most likely seen them in various stages of tune.

Unfortunately far to many of them out there, SEAT Sport has built to many resulting in lots of them sitting around doing nothing.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Little bit more information about the car pictured above :p

It has been owned by SEAT UK from new hence why its in such good condition, it was or still is a DSG with factory 300bhp and has old been used for promotional work and never raced also hasnt had any of the official SEAT Sport updates done on it.

Recently sold for 21k + vat (presuming the garage you visited bought it)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Yesterday I travelled down to AKS tuning, to have some new stoppers fit. 500 mile round trip but defiantly worth it, AKS custom big brake kit 4 pot brembo calipers 370mm floating discs.

null_zpsd3afb8e9.jpg

null_zps40fa3f79.jpg

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
I took delivery of some of these the other day :D

DDCCC90B-681D-434A-BA44-C6DC5FE53B01-5917-000003EF9A098B90_zps603f3606.jpg

345mm brakes off an r32. So today I'm painting them up ready to be fitted Tuesday (weather permitting of course)

Ill get some pictures up when iv painted them and got them looking nice :)

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
I took delivery of some of these the other day :D

DDCCC90B-681D-434A-BA44-C6DC5FE53B01-5917-000003EF9A098B90_zps603f3606.jpg

345mm brakes off an r32. So today I'm painting them up ready to be fitted Tuesday (weather permitting of course)

Ill get some pictures up when iv painted them and got them looking nice :)

Do you only need calipers and disks for this conversion then? Take it there from a mk5 r32. I'd like to get better brakes for mine too so need to no what I'd need to get these on and working . Cheers bud.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Do you only need calipers and disks for this conversion then? Take it there from a mk5 r32. I'd like to get better brakes for mine too so need to no what I'd need to get these on and working . Cheers bud.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah its a staight swap, they are the same as the cupra and s3, I will be changing my fronts and rears to r32 in the next few weeks.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
^^^^^^Welcome to the club! ;)

Drool.... :drool:

I had the option of the vwr brakes on mine when Al sold it but I thought it was a bit over kill for road use lol. They looked superb tho.

Cheers guys, I went big brake kit because I'm planning on doing a few track days next year, At Croft, Oulton Park and Knockhill as these tracks a closest to me. I'm going to see if I can get my 1st track day in this year at Croft on the 7th of November if I can get it off work hopefully have it sorted tomorrow.

m.001

Oct 1, 2012
Yesterday I travelled down to AKS tuning, to have some new stoppers fit. 500 mile round trip but defiantly worth it, AKS custom big brake kit 4 pot brembo calipers 370mm floating discs.

null_zpsd3afb8e9.jpg

null_zps40fa3f79.jpg

Hey Kev,

I am on stg 2. Next thing I am doing is a new clutch and lsd so eventually brakes will be an option.
Those brakes look real good.. Ive been thinking about brakes for a while but they always seem so expensive for the upgrade. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid?
Have you tried them out properly yet?

thanks, m.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hey Kev,

I am on stg 2. Next thing I am doing is a new clutch and lsd so eventually brakes will be an option.
Those brakes look real good.. Ive been thinking about brakes for a while but they always seem so expensive for the upgrade. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid?
Have you tried them out properly yet?

thanks, m.

Same brakes as i have, unfortunately for you all only 10 sets where made of these and all 10 sets have now gone.

Alex @ AKS does offer other options though for better prices than most

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members