What did you and your MK2 do today?

nerayan

Nerayan
Apr 8, 2010
Portsmouth
HD wax would be wasted on a white car I think, demon shine does well for mine...

I respect your opinion.
However, I've seen a vast difference on mine. My wife's black altea looks really good as well. Really good product.:thumbup: Has anyone tried the deep cleanser before applying the HD wax?

Pss53

The Master
Jan 1, 2013
Leeds, UK
Best stuff I've ever used is "rain away" on the windows... Rain just falls off, it's silly, even when washing its hard to keep em wet...check out vids on YouTube...

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I just got hd wax and we will see how it comes out just need the time to do it now.

You won't be dissapointed, the HD wax is very good and is quite durable.

I always use Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then seal over it with Autoglym HD wax.

I also use the Meguires Clay Bar kit

here's a couple of pics of mine after claying, polishing & topping off with HD wax:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I just got HD wax too, so wash, dry, clay bar, then wash, dry, SRP, Hd wax?

Whats the paint cleanser/cleaner stage ie stage1 meguairs? When would i use that?

Spray/hose down car to remove loose dirt

Wash car using the 2 bucket method & a microfibre wash mit

rinse off car

leaving the car wet use the claybar, you must keep the paintwork wet while using the claybar, which is why you are supplied with a detailer spray.

The claying process removes any ingrained contaminents from your paintwork, leaving the finish like glass

once clayed, rinse off again to remove the spray detailer

dry using a microfibre towel

Apply Autoglym SRP & buff off

Apply Autoglym HD Wax & buff off

stand back & admire your efforts :D

for extra buftyness:

clean windows outside & in with Autoglym fast glass & dress the tyres with Meguires endurance tyre gel

Last edited:

Magicsky

I got the need for speed
Oct 8, 2012
West Sussex
You won't be dissapointed, the HD wax is very good and is quite durable.

I always use Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then seal over it with Autoglym HD wax.

I also use the Meguires Clay Bar kit

here's a couple of pics of mine after claying, polishing & topping off with HD wax:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks good!!!!

I will wash

Clay

Wash

Meguiars swirl X- buff

Meguiars ultimate polish- buff

HD cleanser- buff

HD wax- buff

Stand back and admire the work,well that's what I hope.:D

G7

Feb 20, 2013
Bo'ness. Scotland
I respect your opinion.
However, I've seen a vast difference on mine. My wife's black altea looks really good as well. Really good product.:thumbup: Has anyone tried the deep cleanser before applying the HD wax?

Do not let the cleanser go dry!! I repeat, do not let the cleanser go dry!! It is a fecking nightmare to get off if it drys out!!
I would only do half a panel at a time or quarter of the roof at a time!
It's good stuff but is very difficult to rub off when it drys onto the car!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.