What did you and your MK2 do today?

Deleted member 74601

Phoning about for insurance and being honest with all my mods!!
Turns out that sky insurance are the only ones that will insure me!!!
Apparently 13 years no claims and a clean licence for 18 years with the car parked in a locked garage over night and is only used at the most 5k miles a year means nothing and I'm too high risk!! WTF!!!

Saying you park it on the street is cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Yep. No joke, when I insured mine it was £750 on the drive (which is where it goes), £729 on the street, or... wait for it... £1036 in the garage!!!

WHATTTTTT, there me thinking Im doing them over by saying its kept in the garage LOL, Ill be playing around on gocompare first!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Took my LCR along to MK3 Leon Media Day, Parked it in the carpark and went of and drove a selection of MK3 Leon's from the 1.2TSI to the 2.0TDI 184PS

Best one for me was the 2.0TDI 184ps, All the journalists where asking about the LCR :cartman:

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Yep. No joke, when I insured mine it was £750 on the drive (which is where it goes), £729 on the street, or... wait for it... £1036 in the garage!!!

Just checked that method out, £20 more expensive for it to be kept on the drive way instead of the garage, and £90od extra for it to be kept in the street.. lol

G7

Feb 20, 2013
Bo'ness. Scotland
Have you tried a company called brentacre based in wales for the insurance. Most mods except remap are included in the policy with no additional premium. They were cheaper than any other for me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

aaronb84,
Cheers, ill give them a ring, but I'm being honest and telling them I have 380-400 horse power and all the other mods, exhaust, b12 Sportlines, full Miltek spots cat etc...
Yes the price is obviously a factor but I wouldn't necessarily go for the cheapest option!!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ok the rear insert on the rear bumper do Seat do it in 2 different colours. im sure the one on my Cupra is Grey coloured and the one i just got new is more navy.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Had new OSF tyre fitted after pothole fooked original :cry:

Same happened to me last year, New Alloy and 2 new tyres, never got anywhere with East Sussex Council though - there is a minimum required check that they need to do of their 'highways' and they had 'evidence' that that had done the check - although how a 8" deep 15" long hole appeared almost overnight mystified me [:@]

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
ok the rear insert on the rear bumper do Seat do it in 2 different colours. im sure the one on my Cupra is Grey coloured and the one i just got new is more navy.

Driving your car= Increase in air pollution= Ozone layer destroyed by free radical catalysts= More UV radiation attacking your insert= Grey insert :p

Stop driving :)

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Decided ill go Black today on the rear diffuser. ill probably go Gloss Black. nt sure what it will look like got inferi Black with its purple tinge

blackdiff_zpsa6306f57.jpg

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Decided ill go Black today on the rear diffuser. ill probably go Gloss Black. nt sure what it will look like got inferi Black with its purple tinge

blackdiff_zpsa6306f57.jpg

I might blend in to much to the car being gloss black and having a black car . Id say a satin finsh would set that off a treat and the defuser will stand out alot more .

Down to personal preference really though !!! Mines gloss black but on a red car

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.