What did you and your MK2 do today?

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
This is how far I got from my garage 1hr ago!! Took me 1hr to get it back in! :(

20130323_064645.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
so i secured / screwed the diffuser to the new one today. im soooo confused the pictures make them look totally different colour but i dont think its that far off to the eye.

P1090106_zpsa35079b5.jpg

P1090105_zps0f1e33f8.jpg

P1090104_zps4dcc35fd.jpg

P1090103_zpsaa952f38.jpg

this one in natural light no flash on camera

P1090102_zps95189a8c.jpg

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Yes comes woth screws. You screw from the back through the standard part in to the diffuser.

I'll be honest. I dont think the fit is that great. Its bigger than the standard part. Would like to see the gaps it makes.

Looking at fitting. The standard part looks easier to fit from the bottom up. Get those 2 c clips in and then the rest are push in jobs.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
You have a pic of those gaps? Personal preference then as in putting it back as I start from the top.

@Nerayan they do fit the FL models too as they share the same diffuser

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
Took my car to the dealer I got it from 2 weeks ago to have a piece of passenger foot well trim put back in place.
While I was there talked to them about having the DSG service as the car is now at 38.5k miles. I asked at the time of purchase about servicing for the DSG and the junior guy said it had no separate service, which i now know to be incorrect. I mentioned this to the service guy today and they are going to do the DSG service free of charge next Saturday.

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
Installed my Eibach Pro Street S coilovers, huge step forward in ride comfort compared to the H&R sport springs, handling is great as well, had to roll the fenders in order for the ET35 rims to stop rubbing. overall happy with the new set-up

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
fitted a set of Apex springs . . . again! some reason, this time around it took 3 odd hours rather than an hour and half last time :S things just decided to get more difficult as i went on! Bloody things!

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Was on the way out for a meal with the wife and some friends, got a mile or so down the road, heard a funny squealing noise (similar to the fan belt noise) then the car started to lose power and eventually it died.
Under the bonnet there was coolant running down the left hand side, I could hear it bubbling away and steam was coming out of the grill.
Car won't start, RAC guy seems to think the head gasket has gone.!

It's been towed to the garage and I'll have to phone them on Monday. Anyone any ideas on what damage will have been done and likely cost?

Last edited:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
Thinking about not re insuring it at the end of the month and getting myself another bike for a few months.
im insured on the other halfs car if i really need one, but selling the R6 just before christmas, its killing me nt having 2 wheels to be out on!

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Thinking about not re insuring it at the end of the month and getting myself another bike for a few months.
im insured on the other halfs car if i really need one, but selling the R6 just before christmas, its killing me nt having 2 wheels to be out on!

Mate in this weather i know what i would rather drive !!:p

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Took my car to the dealer I got it from 2 weeks ago to have a piece of passenger foot well trim put back in place.
While I was there talked to them about having the DSG service as the car is now at 38.5k miles. I asked at the time of purchase about servicing for the DSG and the junior guy said it had no separate service, which i now know to be incorrect. I mentioned this to the service guy today and they are going to do the DSG service free of charge next Saturday.

Lucky guy, mine was £200 just to change the dsg oil and filter :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.