What did you and your MK2 do today?

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
I feel your pain bud !!! Had the same thing happen to me new years eve . £300 pound job for something a little scum bag has done . Ive also installed cctv now so if it happens again i should be able to see who it is at least !!

Where did you install it? As some people recommended in car cameras!

willc

Mar 2, 2011
Fitted a set of LED interior lights which look pretty cool although very bright.

Also changed my Neuspeed filter for a K&N Enclosed Apollo to reduce warm air radiation into the filter and a slightly vain attempt to quieten it down a bit.

But by far the best upgrade is the change to Michelin Pilot Supersport tyres which are by far the best road tyres I have EVER used. They feel like R compound tyres in comparison to the Goodyear Assys I had on before the winter tyres. But are better in the wet too! Only been a couple of days since putting them on but I'll do a thread on them once I have done a few more miles.

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
SEDOX Performance in Sunderland :)

There so close to where I live but havnt heard anyone talk about or rate them until now.

I need my dpf out and if they are priced well and do a good job I'd take mine there as I don't really have the time to be travelling far to get it done although I would if I had too.

What did you pay and what was it for?

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
But by far the best upgrade is the change to Michelin Pilot Supersport tyres which are by far the best road tyres I have EVER used. They feel like R compound tyres in comparison to the Goodyear Assys I had on before the winter tyres. But are better in the wet too! Only been a couple of days since putting them on but I'll do a thread on them once I have done a few more miles.

I'm looking forward to having a full set of these on the car this weekend. They sound very much like a performance upgrade in themselves!!! Add to that a rear ARB and a p-flow and hopefully I can finally get the most out of my stage 1 map.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
New mats from dealers, any model/year 35 quid

IMAG0348.jpg

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
God thats good! Is that DPF removal too? If so do you notice much black smoke??
Yeah this is stage 2 so DPF removal was almost a must. Could keep it on, but it's a bit silly.
Black smoke only there when I boot it, which is to be expected really. And it's less as the car warms up.
But yeah....
sedumupy.jpg

:lol: :lol:

There so close to where I live but havnt heard anyone talk about or rate them until now.

What did you pay and what was it for?

I rate them very highly. I had a service done there, and now the remap. Mark does the donkey work and knows his stuff inside/out. The main man Dave (from PDT) just thinks in car...he makes sure what leaves his garage is in the best shape it can be.

I paid just short of 700 for the lot. Mind, I've got the CR170 so that's another 100 added because they can't just go in through the OBD port. Have to pull the ECU out.

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
I rate them very highly. I had a service done there, and now the remap. Mark does the donkey work and knows his stuff inside/out. The main man Dave (from PDT) just thinks in car...he makes sure what leaves his garage is in the best shape it can be.

I paid just short of 700 for the lot. Mind, I've got the CR170 so that's another 100 added because they can't just go in through the OBD port. Have to pull the ECU out.

That's not bad, I've had similar quotes to that for my pd170 plus travelling, I think I'll pop over today and have a chat with them at SEDOX and hopefully get mine sorted.

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Dropped my 19'' R wheels at the paintshop for powdercoating, will be RAL7021 with metal flakes and a gloss clearcoat :)

Had to wait 1.5 hours at kwikfit station for tyre removal to find out they damaged one rim and they said they wouldnt do the other 3 as they were worried they would damage them all... WTF they call themselfs a tyre shop for? [:@]

G7

Feb 20, 2013
Bo'ness. Scotland
Phoning about for insurance and being honest with all my mods!!
Turns out that sky insurance are the only ones that will insure me!!!
Apparently 13 years no claims and a clean licence for 18 years with the car parked in a locked garage over night and is only used at the most 5k miles a year means nothing and I'm too high risk!! WTF!!!

Last edited:

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
Have you tried a company called brentacre based in wales for the insurance. Most mods except remap are included in the policy with no additional premium. They were cheaper than any other for me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

Last edited: