What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Looks great. Why did you need to buy a new cupra apron thing?

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

because im 90% sure that they dont refit correctly. after spending 30 mins trying to get mine off and only getting half way before giving up. i decided a new one was the way to go. i think there must be a technique to get them on and off.

That looks great Smee, what inch is your tailpipe as it fills the gap nicely?

So close to putting an order in for one now but I would carbon my current diffuser and leave the bottom gloss black

i think its 6 x 4 Blueflame jobbie.

i do like the standard colour of the diffuser but it doesnt look right next to the standard on. ill think of something :)

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Looks loads better. I always thought if you wanted to change the gear knob then you needed a new gaiter too? Also yeah metal ones get very cold i had one in my scooby and it had frost on it once :$ lol.

Cheers mate . No i reused the gaitor . You just need to make sure you dnt break it getting it off to take the old knob off and put the new one on

Deleted member 74601

Looks loads better. I always thought if you wanted to change the gear knob then you needed a new gaiter too? Also yeah metal ones get very cold i had one in my scooby and it had frost on it once :$ lol.

Nah, I changed my FL one, and you only need the new gear stick. However, FL ones will NOT fit Pre-FL and vice versa, they have a different design around the hole in the gaitor.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
has any one ever wrapped the Grey insert ont he rear bumper before? if so any issues? spoken to a few and they say it wont stick to that textures part :S

lee

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Heheh :D

Smee- Yeah I vinyled my original before I did the Cupra R conversion. It held okay just make sure you fold it all around the edges by quite a margin so that it cant start to peel back. Its smooth on the inside so it sticks a lot better, so if you keep it taught you wont have a problem on the front of it.
Oh and make sure you dont stretch it too much and keep the plastic hot, NOT the vinyl.

Also: I took my insert off and put it back on again probably about 7 times too, so you wont need a new one as it goes in perfectly again once it comes out as its only clipped in. The trick to it ( I found) is to push the clips out from behind and dont be scared to pull it quite hard. Its when you do it slowly and bend/stretch the clips that it could be a problem. I also used the saw to chop every other clip off after the first time, it makes it a LOT easier to remove but it still clips in nicely, so that might be something you could try although dont blame me if you **** it up :D

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ok local company said it wont hold so wont guarantee the work. but i might get them to do it like you say with a big over lap.

you got any pics of the conversion. do you screw the cupra r diffuser to the original part and them put it all on the car in one go?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Cleaned her inside and out, ready for her time in the workshop tomorrow.
Don't want her to be stage2 and look mucky!

Sadly...had a close inspection and is in DESPERATE need of a claying now. Not to mention the new chip in the bonnet :(

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Cleaned her inside and out, ready for her time in the workshop tomorrow.
Don't want her to be stage2 and look mucky!

Sadly...had a close inspection and is in DESPERATE need of a claying now. Not to mention the new chip in the bonnet :(

Will you be getting it on the rolling road tomorrow too?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Been quoted £50 to have my centre console and clock surround Flocked in Black :) Will be looking into taking it apart in the holidays or when the weather changes for the better

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise