cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I am, been home for 5 weeks. FPSO is a tad busted at present, doing some holiday cover up at St Fergus thurs/fri but other than that i'm free.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
New purchases

I have just bought the Innovate MTX-L INN 3844 AFR gauge

http://shop.grahamgoode.com/innovat...-with-8-foot-sensor-cable-inn3844-63412-p.asp

Also SPA oil pressure and temperature dual gauge DG 201

http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/productdetails/?objid=130

And a very kind fellow member is sending me an Autometer boost gauge too, cheers LCRKnightrider :)

I had just bought the LC-1 but after speaking to a Glen at GGR, he's pointed me in the direction of a simpler and better set up just out called the Innovate MTX. It's cheaper too.

Quick shot of the sump, looks very much at home there

IMAG0188.jpg

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
There nice gauges Willie but there no cheap :lol:

Also wondering who was it that mapped your car as i was browsing through your thread but could'nt see if you had mentioned anyone?

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There nice gauges Willie but there no cheap :lol:
It's a difficult one TBH, its all about cost and return for me.
We all know if your AFR or oil pressure drops quickly and you don't react your looking at a massive bill and melted engine.
As much as I would have liked to have bought Defi gauges I cannot justify the cost compared to the return.
The gauges I have bought are proper professional ones, not just street nice pretty looking ones.
Hopefully I won't need to react to any bad news they give me but feel I have armed myself 'adequately' to give me the warm fuzzy feeling that all is good under the hood lol

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Yeah seeing as you do alot of track days i bet the temps can fly up so if you work out the cost it would save you then its money well spent.

As for the remap i just came across the post there, im looking to get my hybrid setup mapped in the next 2 weeks if all goes well with the install and im just looking at options.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Extreme buying spree continues

Since I ripped out my PCV system last year it was bodged together with various bits and pieces that were lying about, including plumbing fittings, lol.

So now I've almost completed the full list of bits and piece to install this more professionally.

I'll post up a full list when its all ordered and here to ensure I haven't missed anything out.
As usual with these things its not working out as cheap as hoped

The first of my recent purchases has arrived in record time.
Big thumbs up to Glen at Graham Goode Racing so sorting this out for me and delivering with 1 day service FOC, hell of a guy.

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
As I have a bit of time I thought I'd post up the bits and piece I've bought and where from, this could help other looking for the same pieces especially the Mikalor clamps ;)

As my catch can is 25mm ports I needed to reduce these to the 19mm ports for the crank and block vent ports and the TIP suction port.

Gareth from Derby Performance Hose

1 x 25 - 19mm reducing elbow £3.75
1 x 25 - 19mm reducing straight £5.35
2 x 34 - 37mm stainless steel t-bolt clamp £1.76
8 x 29 - 31mm stainless steel t-bolt clamp £1.76
4 x 10mm Alloy joiner £2.64
1 x 1m x 4mm Black silicone hose £1.39

AP Motorstore

1 x 1m 19mm Black Silicone Straight Hose £12.29
1 x 10mm Silicone Elbow 180 £6.50
1 x 1m x 3mm Black Silicone Hose £2.24
1 x 19mm Plastic Joiner T Piece £2.95

Classeparts

1 x 10mm BRAKE SERVO VACCUM NON RETURN VALVE GIRLING LOCKHEED £20

The 19mm stuff is for the PCV delete, crank case and cam cover vent system through the catch can.

The 10mm stuff is to properly plumb in the Master Cylinder vacuum one way valve, thank to Sambryant for pointing me in the direction of this.

The Mikalor clamps were a bargain.
The Mikalor Supra are the Stainless steel ones, these come in at about £6.00 each.
As I need approx 20 of these this was going to be a £100 + bill. As we all know this is a track car not a scene queen cheque book car.

With a very quick Google search I found these:

http://ukpumpsupplies.co.uk/browse.asp?cat=12/1219/1219-3&gclid=CJLq84_csqcCFcoa4QodNT7w_g

The Mikalor Super Gold are Zinc plated steel. At approx £1.30 inc VAT, compared to £6 inc VAT for the Supra ones, these are a bargain.
When fitting these I'll coat the threads in copper slip and spray Molycote over them too and they should be fine if these need to come off after a few years.
Well chuffed with this find.

All I need to do is find a friendly MOT test station now :whistle:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Every time I read your updates my jaw hits the ground. Awesome stuff mate!!
Thank you.
Every time my CC bill comes in I'm the same, lol.
I just need to get these things finished off and get to a stage where I'm only enjoying and servicing the car and not having to do major work on it any more.
The end to all this is closer.
Hopefully this year I'll get all the fiddly bits and pieces done leaving next year to do the bigger more expensive jobs.
Net years biggies will be:

Cage, more than likely bolt in.
Bucket seats
Harnesses
Poly bush whole car

Another expensive year next year too

robertj

weight is the enemy
Net years biggies will be:

Cage, more than likely bolt in.
Bucket seats
Harnesses
Poly bush whole car

Another expensive year next year too

Do you think a cage is really necessary? Always been a big debate between me and my mates but I think unless you are actually going to race the car a cage is just putting all the weight back in that you've been working so hard to lose? The chances of rolling the car on a track day are pretty slim. That's also why slick tyres are often banned on track days unless there is a cage in the car. (Just my opinion!);)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Do you think a cage is really necessary? Always been a big debate between me and my mates but I think unless you are actually going to race the car a cage is just putting all the weight back in that you've been working so hard to lose? The chances of rolling the car on a track day are pretty slim. That's also why slick tyres are often banned on track days unless there is a cage in the car. (Just my opinion!);)
I can totally see your point.
I hope to feel safer with this fitted. do like to drive hard on the track, this will give me the confidence to drive very hard :D

Also someone brought up a good point that I hadn't thought about before.
If your in a bucket seat with a harness on you have no option but to sit upright.
If you roll your car and the roof caves in you have more change of getting neck or back injuries. With a cage there will be less chance of the roof caving in.
Also if you get 'T' boned there is very little side protection in the OEM set up at track speeds.
And last but by no means least
I plan to take this car around Nurburg Ring, I would only do this when the car is in a race car state to allow me to fully enjoy this expensive trip to the full.

I still think that one day I'll get a full weld in roll cage, its just whether I do it sooner or later.
All down to £'s.

Also I plan to race this car one day, not too sure in what sort of races but probably initially hill climb and sprints.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise