Anyone got Water Meths Injection on a Mk 2 Cupra?

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
the setup we are getting requests the setup on the controller and it tunes the meth input to suit, alot of thought has gone into this kit and is probebly the best setup on the market IMHO, its all ok running a cheaper setup but what if something goes wrong + most of the others dont come with the controller and touch screen monitor, you may be right about the nozzle but this guy is the most well known developer in USA so i think i will go with his knowledge In all due respect mate

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
the setup we are getting requests the setup on the controller and it tunes the meth input to suit, alot of thought has gone into this kit and is probebly the best setup on the market IMHO, its all ok running a cheaper setup but what if something goes wrong Boom!! :cartman: + most of the others dont come with the controller and touch screen monitor, you may be right about the nozzle but this guy is the most well known developer in USA so i think i will go with his knowledge In all due respect mate

Sounds interesting Owen, I look forward to seeing more details of it :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Its all new to me to be honest, but I will probably go for the smaller nozzle. Also looking to figure a route for a boost pic up (probably a DV spacer) and also looking at this for a tie in point for the nozzle

tbpipe1.jpg

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Its all new to me to be honest, but I will probably go for the smaller nozzle. Also looking to figure a route for a boost pic up (probably a DV spacer) and also looking at this for a tie in point for the nozzle

tbpipe1.jpg

What is your PCV fix like Al?

I'm sure you'd be able to come off this, I know your's is different to the stage 2 fix as I remember seeing it somewhere.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I run a BSH PCV bypass, but going to go to the catch can as i believe that the crap the pcv dumps should be dumped and not kept in the engine. I change the oil in the engine very regulalry though.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Make sure the nozzle is mounted before the IAT sensor.

bruce what do you make of this.. this is a devils own job from the states

he has one injector per manifold run and one injector pre IAT sensor on the TB/IC pipe
DSC_0085.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Regarding that pipe, I am sure Sy said it does allow the nozzle to be before the IAT, right Sy?

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
yeah there are two small circular inlets on the pipe. one prior to the map sensor just after the IC connection. the other looks to be above the MAP sensor but below the DV mounting pipe.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The kit we are ordering has its own MAP sensor. I wonder which would be the best one to use if we got this BSH pipe

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
id say use the one with the kit if its included. it must do something different to the stock one otherwise why would they include it?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
bruce what do you make of this.. this is a devils own job from the states

he has one injector per manifold run and one injector pre IAT sensor on the TB/IC pipe
DSC_0085.jpg

Interesting set up this, would solve any issues with uneven distribution between the cylinders. Guess setting it up is a bit of a task with 5 nozzle sizes to get right, not just 1!

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
one thin i dont get is this.

injecting before the IAT sensor means the IAT temps will be much lower allowing you to advance the timing witout the ECU pulling back.

he's running one injector before the sensor, the others are all after, so surely he cant advance the timing that much??

in that case whatwould the gains be a result of. obviously less detonation so is it like having race fuel??

Al

Aug 29, 2005
JBS do a Eurojet Pipe with meth bungs on as well for a bout £160 how much is the BSH one?

Pass, but i bet its way less than that. We will buy whatever can be here soonest though I guess.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
one thin i dont get is this.

injecting before the IAT sensor means the IAT temps will be much lower allowing you to advance the timing witout the ECU pulling back.

he's running one injector before the sensor, the others are all after, so surely he cant advance the timing that much??

in that case whatwould the gains be a result of. obviously less detonation so is it like having race fuel??

IAT sensor will still see lower temps due to the pre-sensor nozzle. The advantage would be getting equal cylinder distribution of atomisation, meaning that all cylinders will have equal resistance to detonation/knock. I find if I advance my timing too much, one knock sensor pulls some CFs but the other doesn't, suggesting I am not getting even flow of WM into each cylinder.

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com

Al

Aug 29, 2005
We never went for devils own, but if we go for BSH, we will need to order is ASAP. Thanks for the links :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise