Anyone got Water Meths Injection on a Mk 2 Cupra?

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
could you fit that ferrara valve train to allow it to rev higher or is that unsafe for the turbo

Bruce-m

Dec 7, 2009
salisbury
sounds good bruce, you have fitted hundreds of ktis to vag cars now, would you say it is easy enough to install for the average JO with the right tools and equipment

Bruce, would you be willing to travel north slightly if there were a few cars to install kits onto

With the right tools and being fairly mechanically minded and good at reading instructions anyone should be able to fit them, especially any garage.

Our mechanic only really likes to fit him at his own garage, mainly because he's got all his tools there and on average it takes about 5 hours to fit a kit so at tops he could only do 2 a day.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
ok so that is out of the question for myself and allen, i am confident about the fitting side of things and allen is a wizz kid on vag com so looks like the best option will be DIY...

When you set the WMI to start using the controller is it also possible to have a finish point as i know it is not good for the car if the WMI is still active if you hit the limiter?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Ok not heard that, cant see what the difference is on limiter or not?

If it helps I can take some pictures of my installation and how everything is fitted. Are you planning to do this before the meet?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
ok im going to have to up my game before then then ;)

I can give you a hand with logging as well once youve installed.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes we are Dan.

Owen- Keith reckons he would be confident doing it. I will remove my air con rad at the same time.

Do we go map or maf though?

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
I am set on the MAP system, i havent spoken to anyone really that says that the MAF is better or that the MAP is better, all i know is the MAP is far simpler to setup using vagcom, and once it is set it doesnt need to be "tweeked" weather permitting.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
Yes we are Dan.

Owen- Keith reckons he would be confident doing it. I will remove my air con rad at the same time.

Do we go map or maf though?

Keith is the man , would be confident in doing it if he was there, he seems to know what hes speaking about and seems to be quite fussy about how he does the work too, which is always good

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Would your old man be ok with us borrowing his ramp for the day again?

Keith is just home again by the way and I asked him to look on here.

How quickly are the kits available?

Last edited:

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
spoke to my old man and its ok so thats all good. as for the Kits i spoke to bruce yesterday and he says he is out of stock on the DVC-30 kits which we are interested in and probebly wont have them for maybe a couple of weeks.

Bruce-m

Dec 7, 2009
salisbury
ok so that is out of the question for myself and allen, i am confident about the fitting side of things and allen is a wizz kid on vag com so looks like the best option will be DIY...

When you set the WMI to start using the controller is it also possible to have a finish point as i know it is not good for the car if the WMI is still active if you hit the limiter?

The water Meth will only stop spraying if your boost drops below the start point, it doesn't have a finish point.

I've never heard though anyone ever say its bad to have water/meth spraying when you hit the limiter, some of the worse DET can happen on the limiter, I would of thought its best to have it still spraying.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
what is the max safe revving limit of the std valv train. jonnyC would probably know. I know he fitted the valve train to allow it to rev alot higher