DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Btw, Chris, did you get someone to weld you 2 nossles coming from the first 90 degree bend off turbo, to plug your dumpvalve and N75 valve in?

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
I am working on this now as well. Really loving the look of that Chris. Nice welding as well. Prefer that over silicone, however aluminium TIG welding is a hard skill which comes pricely to get done. Metal I can weld but aluminium no...

Its very well made mate, anyone who saw it would say the same. Its very hard to get right but its spot on :D

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Btw, Chris, did you get someone to weld you 2 nossles coming from the first 90 degree bend off turbo, to plug your dumpvalve and N75 valve in?

They were welded in mate by whoever made it, along with the MAP sensor hole on the TB side. It was made by AM motorsport back in the day!

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Cheers rob:D

Right New FMIC turned up at 4pm tonight so i took a quick pics and started to get fitting it...
Here it is New one vs Uni cooler
Photo262.jpg

This is the old Uni cooler fitted to the car:
Photo248.jpg

Here is semi fitted so i knew if it was inline or not which it was sport on :D
Photo263.jpg

I moved the rad/A/c back ''But'' i didnt have to make a bracket for this i just undone one bolt for each of the rubber bung and moved it back...then re-tighten it up...Simple
Photo269.jpg

This was the only slight cutting I did the to crash bar with a grinder just the left hand side of it...Fairly straight forward...
Photo267.jpg

This is it centre and Level with the bumper:D

and one of it fitted with crash bar and charge pipe connected up just need Silicone coupler now:

Thi is my Charge pipe kit joined and fully fitted:
Photo270.jpg

So while i had loads of Bends left over i desided to ditch the Silicone Throttle bodie side with 63mm mandrell bends and Forge Map Pipe(Still to finish off)
Photo271_1.jpg

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
This is it Finished with bumper on and Bonnet down...Im gettin the side plastic welded and the bumper repaired and paint next month..
Photo273.jpg

Photo272.jpg

Comparing to the THS and Fitted both Id go for this one for the slightly More Messing around Eg grinding back of crash bar and Moving rad back...U can even still keep the centre bar

THis was alot easyer and looks alot better

Last edited:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
I moved the rad/A/c back ''But'' i didnt have to make a bracket for this i just undone one bolt for each of the rubber bung and moved it back...then re-tighten it up...Simple

Whoever gave you that idea :whistle:

Anyways it was looking good when i left and its looks even better now you've got in lining up, just get it all finished and it should be looking spot on :D

Have you finished grinding everything yet? Your kinda scary with an angle grinder mate :p

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Whoever gave you that idea :whistle:

Anyways it was looking good when i left and its looks even better now you've got in lining up, just get it all finished and it should be looking spot on :D

Have you finished grinding everything yet? Your kinda scary with an angle grinder mate :p

HAHah thanks Mate could'nt of done it without ya :cartman:

That crash bar is solid stuff went throug to Discs just grinding that small peice...:D

Im scary with a grinder....You just don't trust me do you :D:ban:

jamiebennett81

looking great mate, you will definitely notice a big difference with that cooler I reckon - now get some logs done

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
HAHah thanks Mate could'nt of done it without ya :cartman:

That crash bar is solid stuff went throug to Discs just grinding that small peice...:D

Im scary with a grinder....You just don't trust me do you :D:ban:

You couldn't of done, im a big help, i direct you do the grafting lol

I trust you just not with a grinder and the bits of hot metal that you just chuck over your garden fence lol :D

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Very nice looking cooler you got there mate! Did you weld the bend directly on the IC or you connecting them up with hose?

Get some pictures up of your route, because its looking great! Really prefer these alloy pipes over the silicone.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Very nice looking cooler you got there mate! Did you weld the bend directly on the IC or you connecting them up with hose?

Get some pictures up of your route, because its looking great! Really prefer these alloy pipes over the silicone.

Alright Reuvers mate..

Yeah im Connecting the Mandrell bends to the cooler with silicone couplers and The only silicone im using is to join them together but then pipes will be touching end to end inside the pipes...

its well easyer doin it like this than in silicone and joiners which are a fortune..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise