DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Told you it would be better than most people think, everyone junk's the GT2X without knowing anything about it!!!

Hard to see which one is right, they may both be ok?

Yup i thought this 3rd gear is awesome and i could'nt belive how torquey it is [B)]

But the question is should i hybrid it ?

yeah ones just slightly bigger than the other..1.5mm and 0.5or1mm i cant really tell...

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Hi alex

Its a Journal bearing As i remember Not a roller bearing So the bigger one it is :D
I think i was just a back log of postal orders alex as some over stuff i ordered took a while to come But there here and working fine :D

Any news on that TT short Shifter :d

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Glad they turned up ok. Had me worried! The short shifter is about £25.00. Ive been so busy getting this KTM done that ive not had a chance to get an exact price. Im not as busy in the workshop so im office boy for the morning then i will have a looky.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
It only cost Jamie £150 to have his made a hybrid, mine was £400 because the turbo had a full rebuild and hybrid done at the same time. The larger compressor definately adds power, how much I don't know but mine feels stronger than before.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
It only cost Jamie £150 to have his made a hybrid, mine was £400 because the turbo had a full rebuild and hybrid done at the same time. The larger compressor definately adds power, how much I don't know but mine feels stronger than before.

Mine is in need of a rebuild as its blowing smoke on idle....So 200notes to get full rebuilt,250notes be rebuilt and thrust bearing added or 495notes for the full lot...

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Yeah am planning on keepin the turbo not going BT...its Nippy enough...

Has yours Become ''Laggyer'' now it was a hybrid aslo your running 1.5bar you reckon its more powerfull at 1.5bar than it was before?

Thanks

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Not laggier no, if it has it must be by a very small amount as I haven't noticed, it's definately got more power than before yes, no doubt.

Edit: I stand corrected to rebuild it (new seals And bearings) and to have a full hybrid treatment is £395 Inc vat & P&P...so thats getting done on the 20th of this month...

No idea were i got £500 from.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Edit: I stand corrected to rebuild it (new seals And bearings) and to have a full hybrid treatment is £395 Inc vat & P&P...so thats getting done on the 20th of this month...

Get it on the rollers first mate so you can get a before and after figure.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Yeah thinking that damo...

Sorted my Small boost leak out tonight and Hole F**K it scares me:D

Im just goin to get it hybrid then get it RR'd When i get it Done Can i tune Via Lemmiwinks,mbc and Vag-com to adjust the timing and fueling?

Also Is there anything else i need to fit the Mocal Cooler..

O and ive been offerd a walbro fuel pump off Jamie B it worth me getting it?

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Does anyone now how i fit this mocal cooler...?Hows does it mount to the engine i have a rough idea tho...

Ive desided to get my Gt2x rebuilt with uprated seals and Bearing ect for the time being then get it hybrid in march time...Seems the best option tbh....

Oct 2, 2006
Really like the video of you doing the flyby on boost, it sounds nice, good work, get it on some rollers so we can see how much power you have.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise