Here

DialsFlash.jpg

gauge.jpg

noflash.jpg

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
yer roughly...it takes mine a while to get there though!...it tends to go to about 100 wen being ragged or sitting in traffic for ages

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Finally got my autogauges fitted today and it was a long cold process. Custom car developments(middlesex) were my prefered contact as they did such a good job with the Cat and Remap so they were the lucky ones i picked,lol.

As i had nowhere to be i stayed to watch and learn. first of all the gauges didnt come with long enough wire to get to the sender from the gauge so extra red wire was used. After removing the cover around the dipstick area it was simple to get to the allan bolt thingy off where the sender goes into.
Rest of job was boost gauge pipe for the boost gauge and then finally connecting the wires to ignition etc on the inside.

Finally after a few hours it was done and they looked great![B)]

Sorry i only have a crapy mobile phone picture at moment will post more tomorrow in daytime. They are the ones on the front page of this thread.

Oh and Sorry to butt in on this thread didnt want to start another similar thread. :rolleyes:

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Wow i was out for about 30mins this evening temp outside 0 degrees and below. My oil didnt go past 80 degrees is this normal? i wasnt really punching it as there may be ice. Never knew oil temp took so much longer to heat up than the water. Im sure though when the oil hits 70-80 it must be okay to punch it if need be??:shrug:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
ive had the a-pillar since about sept and the gauges since oct
im ok with the mechanical side of doing it, but the electrics are a no no!

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
ive had the a-pillar since about sept and the gauges since oct
im ok with the mechanical side of doing it, but the electrics are a no no!

Rik, it really is dead easy.

Have a hunt for Moff's guide, as his helped me all the way thru.

I would advise running "extension" leads for the power / lighting bits on the back of the gauges, as the wire they come with is just too short IMO.

If Skipton was a little closer I'd offer to help.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
im sure i could do it
its finding the time, and the urge
I've noticed id probably have to wire some of the cables from whichever gauge goes at at top into gauge below and then into headlight switch (not sure if this would give them enough V to power them though). mehr

i turned 25 last week, im not as young as i used to be
the cold hurts my hip

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
rik u pansie! get out there and do it! if i can t-cut my car in this weather, u can fit some gauges lol....heck i was even cleaning my engine bay yesterday morning! mmm...surely there is a name for my condition lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.