Pods & Gauges...what do people have...

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
got a nomad piller pod for the boost, and ive made a fibre glass mount down for where the ash tray area is. covered it in some fake leather stuff, like the material the gear gaiter is made from :)

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I have had a go with little things I found in car (keys, screwdrivers etc...)

Cant seem to get them out and cant see any screws in it. Feels like it just needs an bug tug:headhurt:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
right guys sorry if i have mised this ih this post but as i was aware the nomad posts for the LCR only come with VELCROW to fix it, is this true?

Does this not leave the fix a little shitty?

Im reluctantly getting a gauge (as i just ont like the look of them usually but really need one) so want to find the best quality mounting.

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
your right they do, and yes it is shitty.

i took my factory piller off, cut the brackets off with a stanley knife, and glued them in the correct position onto the nomad one. no probs, 10min job:)

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
ah thats sounds cool. was wondering if that would be an option but haven't had the standard off so not sure what it exactly looks like so wasn't sure if it would be possible

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Jib, oil temp and boost are best IMO.

Boost for monitoring health of the turbo. (overboosting and not enough boost and you'll know straight away that you have a problem)

Some peope say oil pressure instead of oil temp but i dont see the reason why. If theres a problem with oil pressure the oil pressure light will come on on the dash so whats the point? Its a very boring gauge aswell, it will hardly ever move.

Oil temp lets you know when to put the foot down and when not too. Let it get upto 85-95c before giving it the beans, anything above 120c and then back off!

No gauge, no way of knowing this!

I dont care what anyone says chipped LCR's have a problem with running extremely high oil temps, you need to know when to back off! A sustained 100+mph run will easily see the temp reach beyond 120c. A top speed run for just a few minutes and you'll be at the top end of the temp gauge!

Not good, and without a temp gauge you would never know!

I would say a temp gauge is a must for a chipped LCR!
What he said:p

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
right guys sorry if i have mised this ih this post but as i was aware the nomad posts for the LCR only come with VELCROW to fix it, is this true?

Does this not leave the fix a little shitty?

Im reluctantly getting a gauge (as i just ont like the look of them usually but really need one) so want to find the best quality mounting.
To be perfectly honest, considering the price, the nomad pillars are shite. The velcro is more than useless. I use silicone adhesive and I still have a gap along the top edge.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
To be perfectly honest, considering the price, the nomad pillars are shite. The velcro is more than useless. I use silicone adhesive and I still have a gap along the top edge.

Yup same here mate, and i've got a hole where the wan you to screw it, to what? my car body? Feck off!

Golf MK4 steering column mount!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
doesnt block any instrument viewing, the old radio display and auto transmission line and a bit of the warning box

just apprehensive as to how much room there is to then run wires and vac line out and under the column

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.