Pods & Gauges...what do people have...

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
andi i am going to buy those gauges, good value by the looks of it

i take it you got the correct fitting with the gauge for oil temp yes?
did you feed the boost gauge from the FPR or the DV? does it "buzz" or is it silent?

im going to get 3 gauges, 1 in a piller pod (boost psi) and make a mount like the ibiza cupra R has which goes down infront of the gear stick for the other 2 gauges. i'll loose the ash tray but i dont smoke...even if i did i wouldnt smoke in the car!!

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Copra said:
andi i am going to buy those gauges, good value by the looks of it

i take it you got the correct fitting with the gauge for oil temp yes?
did you feed the boost gauge from the FPR or the DV? does it "buzz" or is it silent?

im going to get 3 gauges, 1 in a piller pod (boost psi) and make a mount like the ibiza cupra R has which goes down infront of the gear stick for the other 2 gauges. i'll loose the ash tray but i dont smoke...even if i did i wouldnt smoke in the car!!

Correct fitting ?
As in have the sensor in the rite place or have it wired up correctly ? Yes to both in that case.

The Boost gauge is plumed in to the DV Vac pipe closest to manafold side, but this maybe wrong.

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
thanks. what i ment was did the fittings you got in the box screw straight in or did you have to by any other bits to fit the sensor?

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Copra said:
thanks. what i ment was did the fittings you got in the box screw straight in or did you have to by any other bits to fit the sensor?

All fitted with no other parts needed well apart from about 4ft of cable for oil temp sender and some better vacume hose for boost gauge.

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
Cheers. i got my gauges today, look great. ive started to make the gauge holder for the center console, and ordered my nomad piller thingy :)

waiting for some leatherette stuff to finish off the holder for the centre console.

will post pics when its all done :)

SmartyFR

Leon Fr 1.8 20VT
Dec 6, 2005
My Normad pillar is about 1 inch shorter than the factory pillar!It doesnt fit to well and i have to keep pressing the velcro down to keep it flush at the top.Shame it doesnt come with clips like the OEM pillar.

SmartyFR

Leon Fr 1.8 20VT
Dec 6, 2005
Yer does my head in:doh:!Every time i get into the car i have to press it down!Might not all be like this mind...

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
sure thing. was going to paint it satin black but i think to get a good enough finish on the paint will cost me aaages in time prepping so ive orded a small 1mx1m of leatherette stuff to cover it. also going to put a thin layer of foam between the leather and the fibreglass so it looks totally smooth. should have it done by the weekend :)
hopefully my nomad pod will arrive tomorrow aswell

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
fitted the boost gauge and nomad pod last night. velcro seems pretty good, i think you just have to plan where your going to stick it for best results.

im very impressed with the autogauge smoked gauges. they are excellent, especially for the price!

just got to wait for the leather to trim the centre console guage pod now, then its all done :)

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
Copra said:
fitted the boost gauge and nomad pod last night. velcro seems pretty good, i think you just have to plan where your going to stick it for best results.

im very impressed with the autogauge smoked gauges. they are excellent, especially for the price!

just got to wait for the leather to trim the centre console guage pod now, then its all done :)

Hi Copra where did you get your gauges from may I ask ?