Pods & Gauges...what do people have...

Jib 21

Aug 7, 2005
Lowdham, Nottingham
I'm just looking at the Nomad A Pillar gauges for the LCR...what gauges to people have for their LCRs?
I know Boost is the obvious one, but if I was to get a twin pod which other gauge is the most helpful?

Voltmeter is out the question as I have a voltmeter for the install in the Headunit itself...so...any ideas?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Jib, oil temp and boost are best IMO.

Boost for monitoring health of the turbo. (overboosting and not enough boost and you'll know straight away that you have a problem)

Some peope say oil pressure instead of oil temp but i dont see the reason why. If theres a problem with oil pressure the oil pressure light will come on on the dash so whats the point? Its a very boring gauge aswell, it will hardly ever move.

Oil temp lets you know when to put the foot down and when not too. Let it get upto 85-95c before giving it the beans, anything above 120c and then back off!

No gauge, no way of knowing this!

I dont care what anyone says chipped LCR's have a problem with running extremely high oil temps, you need to know when to back off! A sustained 100+mph run will easily see the temp reach beyond 120c. A top speed run for just a few minutes and you'll be at the top end of the temp gauge!

Not good, and without a temp gauge you would never know!

I would say a temp gauge is a must for a chipped LCR!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Why the need for air intake temp?

There is nothing you would need this information for! its not something you can increase or decrease, its fixed on the temp of the day and the dash tells you OAT anyway!

Jib 21

Aug 7, 2005
Lowdham, Nottingham
Mitchy said:
Why the need for air intake temp?

There is nothing you would need this information for! its not something you can increase or decrease, its fixed on the temp of the day and the dash tells you OAT anyway!

I'm assuming that it's something to with intake temps increasing on chipped engines...VAGCOM logs would probably suffice for this?

jim4983

Aug 29, 2005
Kent
jib u got any links for the gauges your thinking of geting. Im looking at getting a boost and oil temp gauge but cant decide on which design

jim

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Guys I knwo this thread is on Gauges, but I dunno how aware of NOMAD pillars you guys are. Yes they look great, but certainly not worth the price, IMHO. The finishing is pants and the quality isn't that good.

I went for one of these for the Ibiza, they do them for the Leon too.... just thought it's worth a mention. Everyone who has been in my car who understands cars/gauges thinks it suits... and my single cost me just £25.

My POD - http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/buy-car-a...th=1451_3050_3051_3088_3090&products_id=10039

Leon - http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/buy-car-accessories/default.php?cPath=1451_3050_3051_3088_3092

I can take a pic later if you want, its just a thought, and it might save you a few £££...

Mike

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Sorry to deviate a bit,

Mike, are they fill length replacement a pilller post covers, or do they just clip over the top of the existing a piller cover??? if that makes any sence.

Cheers, Matt

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
Mike_IbizaCupra said:
Guys I knwo this thread is on Gauges, but I dunno how aware of NOMAD pillars you guys are. Yes they look great, but certainly not worth the price, IMHO. The finishing is pants and the quality isn't that good.

Mike
i have to disagree there my nomad one fits perfect and looks like it was there from the factory.perfect match and even the grain in the pod looks like the original

Triple D

Ive got the SPA digital boost andexhaust gas temperature guage. I have moved the head unit down a space and the got a piece of aluminium, cut a hole out for the gauge and one smaller one for the button to change the settings etc. Im also gonna get a OIL temp/ pressure gauge for the other side. Ill get some pics if anyone wants to see.

flashbsd

boost and oil temp here too. i find it useful with the oil temp so i know when the engine is "really" warmed up :)

Ditto what mike says, i prefer his gauge holder, the nomad is very poor quality.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I think you'll get a telling off for not resizing your pics dude.

Its fecked up the thread.

If you right click on the image and open it up in paint then you can resize pics in there by going to top menu, image, stretch/skew

Off

100_1442.jpg

On

100_1459.jpg

Last edited:

Triple D

right here we go, have resized them now.
100_1491.jpg

100_1487.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members