My Mk4 Ibiza Cupra 20VT

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Your probs getting sick of me asking now, but this whole sai/ EGR thing is confusing. What is it that needs mapping out, the EGR canister thing that you take off? Then leave both the solenoids plugged and and you get no engine light at all? Just need to find out the associated codes if I do what you have done. I'm guessing I won't get codes because the solenoid is plugged on, except the codes associated with the carbon canister flow etc

Hope this makes sense! Haha

Sorry mate, only just seen this! I knew a RR thread would be a bad idea lol, I'm a bit slow with keeping up to date on it!

The SAI needs mapping out as far as I know. I don't know if you can leave it electrically connected or not cos JBS mapped it out when they had my car to save me the hassle of resistoring it. The SAI stuff is the part that comes off the side of the engine block where the Forge blanking plate goes and then the rest of it is bolted to the bottom of the inlet manifold.

I think you mean the N249 and N112 when you talk about the two valves. You can do all the bypassing etc with vacuum hose and just leave the electrical part plugged in so you don't get codes.

I think Damien did a guide for all this in the FAQ's section if you fancy a look there. He probably exlained it a million times better than I can do lol, I'm definitely no teacher!

Adjusters are for pussies ;p;)

Aye, but I don't wince everytime I see a rise in the road, let alone a bump! ;)

How's your's doing anyhow? Raised the front yet?

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Lol well I suppose. But I only have 16's so I have to have the adjusters out lol I even decided that Im not even going to put them in to go On holiday with lol. Uhoh....

Yea all sorted now raised it to as low as I could without scrummage and I also got them aligned at protyre for £30. I went to tyres direct but they couldn't fit the alignment tools onto the front Tyres because there was no space between the arch and the wheel lmao.

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Protyre in Lawrence Hill?

I had alignment done at FCM near Feeder Rd and they struggled to get the kit on for it. That was ages ago mind, and I've since raised the ride and changed tyres. I just had the tracking done after that instead of the whole laser alignment job and so far have no wear issues :)

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Yea the good thing with protyre is they don't use those crappy alignment things that other places use. Don't know what they do mind but was alot more technical than the ones they use in cheaper places. When you getting me to this meet then lol.

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Yea the good thing with protyre is they don't use those crappy alignment things that other places use. Don't know what they do mind but was alot more technical than the ones they use in cheaper places. When you getting me to this meet then lol.

I dunno lol, whenever a convenient football kick off is! 6:45 KO is prob best for going to meet after.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.