My Mk4 Ibiza Cupra 20VT

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
On mine I never took the bit off the side of the block but I'm gonna order the plate up and blocl it off at the side of the engine. Liking the engine bay pics mate that cone looks like its been abused lol.

Scott you could probably ask john to map the sai out as it will bring on the eml when you remove it

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
On mine I never took the bit off the side of the block but I'm gonna order the plate up and blocl it off at the side of the engine. Liking the engine bay pics mate that cone looks like its been abused lol.

Scott you could probably ask john to map the sai out as it will bring on the eml when you remove it

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol

Yeah it has a bit. It's nearly worn through round the back where it was touching the strut brace :( I manged to catch it before it went though, and have since made up a bracket for it to hold it away from everything.

There's so little space for a massive filter in the engine bay, I think a battery relocation is in order!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Ahh thats good then if it blanks right off the side of the head, bit tidier! Had a look before and the bolts look a pain to get to! Yeh Steve, gonna fire John a txt see if he can map it out before i do it, need to get the launch control whacked on anyway

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Sorry for all the questions Rich but see when you put the Forge blanking plate on did you reuse the gasket that came off with the old part?

Reason i ask is i put everything back together then when i was cleaning up the car i found a thin metal gasket dunno how i never heard it drop :lol:

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Sorry for all the questions Rich but see when you put the Forge blanking plate on did you reuse the gasket that came off with the old part?

Reason i ask is i put everything back together then when i was cleaning up the car i found a thin metal gasket dunno how i never heard it drop :lol:

No, I just used the rubber O-ring i think. The metal gasket is just for the original SAI connection.

I had real confusion first time I tried to fit it. Basically, I didn't realise it fitted to the side of the engine block, so I tried to fit it on top of the silver pipe that comes off it :lol: The holes didn't line up so I had to ask Kris at Forge for pointers, how embarrassing! :cartman:

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
No, I just used the rubber O-ring i think. The metal gasket is just for the original SAI connection.

I had real confusion first time I tried to fit it. Basically, I didn't realise it fitted to the side of the engine block, so I tried to fit it on top of the silver pipe that comes off it :lol: The holes didn't line up so I had to ask Kris at Forge for pointers, how embarrassing! :cartman:

Not the only one to make that mistake.... :whistle:

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I just unbolted it and used an allen key with a wobbly end for the bolts, bit of a tight squeeze but did the job :D

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
2 new tyres fitted today, Yoko Parada Spec-2's. Got my rear Falken's on the front, and the new Yoko's on the rear now.

After driving the car away, something felt really loose, and the steering wheel wasn't inline with dead ahead :( Took it straight back, they checked it over, redid the tracking and re-aligned the steering wheel, and now all feels fine :D

£200 lighter though...

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Sounds good! I've just booked mine in for geo setting up, can't wait!

Geo setting up? I thought all we can adjust is the toe in/out? Rears have no adjustment either :shrug:

Adjustable top mounts are on my shopping list anyhow, as is a Whiteline RARB which Awesome Gti are doing a group buy on atm! Can't believe I haven't got one yet given all the money I've spent on making the damn thing go faster lol :lol:

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
That's what I thought too but the lad that booked me in had a modded tdi Ibiza and assured me front camber was adjustable, so god knows!

I'm tempted to corner weight mine before the summer too, see what effect that has. Got all the stuff at work :D

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Car is absolutely stunning mate. The cupras always look better in black

I'm liking polly bushes with anti lift and caster increase. Due to harder suspension the bushes take some of the roughness out of the ride.

What does the anti lift bit do over normal polly bushes? Would be nice to have a little more comfort in the ride for sure!

Also, I think you should get a Readers Ride thread up and running, I'd love to see and read a bit more about your car, it must be a real weapon with all the bits and pieces you've done to it.

That's what I thought too but the lad that booked me in had a modded tdi Ibiza and assured me front camber was adjustable, so god knows!

I'm tempted to corner weight mine before the summer too, see what effect that has. Got all the stuff at work :D

Corner weighting should help handling quite a bit... I think having the adjuster cups in is better too lol ;) The handling on my car feels so much better with a more sensible ride height!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Your probs getting sick of me asking now, but this whole sai/ EGR thing is confusing. What is it that needs mapping out, the EGR canister thing that you take off? Then leave both the solenoids plugged and and you get no engine light at all? Just need to find out the associated codes if I do what you have done. I'm guessing I won't get codes because the solenoid is plugged on, except the codes associated with the carbon canister flow etc

Hope this makes sense! Haha

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.