My Mk4 Ibiza Cupra 20VT

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I can't remember off hand, and all the receipts are in the car handbook which is in the glovebox. I can't even remember the hourly rate, but I think it was just under £50/hr. I'll have a look in the morning.

Re, rear brakes, I'm not sure what the hubs are like either, but they charged an extra hours labour for it. If they'd have just bent the sheilds, or trimmed them, the bill would have been £90 or so.

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
See the n249 bypass and sai removal did you use the resistors for that and mate them into the plugs like everyone else has done?

Sorry bud, only just seen this :redface:

For the SAI, it was mapped out when I got the turbo conversion, so there's no resistors in there for that. For the N249, I just left it electrically connected and bolted it to the top of the rocker cover at the back, same with the N112.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Sorry bud, only just seen this :redface:

For the SAI, it was mapped out when I got the turbo conversion, so there's no resistors in there for that. For the N249, I just left it electrically connected and bolted it to the top of the rocker cover at the back, same with the N112.

I hate to be a pain but is there any chance you would be able to grab a picture of this as im wanting to do away with my resistors and plug the solonoid back in!

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I hate to be a pain but is there any chance you would be able to grab a picture of this as im wanting to do away with my resistors and plug the solonoid back in!

I've removed everything thats unnecessary on top of my engine, so yours may not look exactly like this mate.

Where they're bolted, I just undid the bolts that hold the pipe bracket in place, and refitted with the valves there as well.

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Your a legend Rich i need to get this done asap as those resistors are a nightmare! I think i only have one of those wee solonoids :think: its a job for this weekend possibly

Ive removed everything aswell bud and instead of those plugs i have 2 resistors

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Lol, first one hot off the press mate ;)

I think just bolting the valves to the back looks much tidier than resistors and electrical tape everywhere, unless you're really dedicated and do it properly. I haven't got the patience with electrical stuff unless its to do with the stereo :lol:

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Think it's the only one that's managed to fit so far lol

Can you literally unplug all that crap ontop then and just link the recirc up to the manifold? And that's it? Any full engine bay pics? Might do mine tomorrow if that's the case!

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Yeah, I got rid of all bracketry of anything that was redundant, including SAI. I rerouted the electrical cables for the fuel rail too so they don't show so much. :)

I'll get full bay pics tomorrow at some point.. Not whole car pics though, it's filthy at the moment!

barney501

1/4 mile - 14.75 @ 92.84
Oct 8, 2009
Bath
Looking good as usual buddy. Fitted my dv relocation kit last week and fitted my milltek cat back this morning. Like you said about yours it fits further back into the bumper- hidden almost.

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Looking good as usual buddy. Fitted my dv relocation kit last week and fitted my milltek cat back this morning. Like you said about yours it fits further back into the bumper- hidden almost.

Cheers mate, when you get the dp and cat it should help it sit a bit further out. :D

Re engine bay pics, I'll def get some tomorrow. I spent all day today washing and polishing the car but I ran out of time to do the wheels properly, and hoover the interior. Ill try and spruce up the engine bay before pics too.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
I was gonna strip all mine off yesterday but there a hose coming off that canister bit on the top right of the engine, what did you do with that? Or have you stripped out all the sai too? Like is one solenoid for boost control and the other forthe sai?

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Engine bay pics, and some cheeky beading pics after the wash yesterday. As expected, its pee'd with rain all day today :rolleyes:

Which bit do you mean Scott? All the SAI is gone, and replaced with a Forge blanking plate. :)

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
When all the standard bits are in place there's a hose coming off the canister where you blank it off that goes to one of them solenoids, just asking what you did with it but you've stripped all the bits out. Do you get no faults at all with the sai stripped out etc? Think I'm gonna have to do mine lol is it nice and easy to get it all out?

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Yeah the SAI is easy to remove.. You'll need to resistor the electrical connection I think, unless you get it mapped out. JBS mapped it out for me when they had my car which was nice of them, so when I came to remove it all I had no issues.

I still don't really know where you mean, but since it's all stripped out thats no surprise really lol :lol:

jonnyboy1

may i just ask wer did u purchase your rear spoiler from. i think it looks ace :)

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Any pics of where the blanking plate is? Just ordered one, arse feels sore lol should have really made one but cba haha

Hard to take pics of that! The blank plate goes on the side of the engine block. Its not on my pics, but where the silver thing is thats part of the SAI, you need to take the whole thing off the side of the block and the blank fits there. It's a bit awkward to get to though.