What did you and your MK2 do today?

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
That was my thinking, if something goes wrong suspension wise I might have been fight, but I'd imagine everything else would be fine.

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Finally found an engine cover that wasn't silly money, cut up and fitted today
enginecover_zps05261ab9.jpg

You just need a plastic battery case now and it would look well tidy .

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I have been looking for an engine cover for my car ever since I got it but I never found any, probably because the engine in my Leon was never actually released abroad? lol

It's a 1.6 MPi like the one in the Golf Mk6 and the Octavia (102ps).

Does anyone know where I could get a hold of one? I could probably find a Golf's or an Octavia's engine cover but it'll have the VW/Skoda logo on it and I want the SEAT one!

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
That was my thinking, if something goes wrong suspension wise I might have been fight, but I'd imagine everything else would be fine.

Exactly this. I have lowering springs on mine and have had the car back in the delaership for non-suspension related work.

Deleted member 74601

Rolled through 30,000 miles today :(

3,400 miles and 12 months ago seems like a long way away :(

James_85UK

Feb 23, 2009
Leicester
Collected my car today from Seat dealer after remedial work, all sorted and really chuffed to bits with it :) already missing the yellow seat mii sport though :(

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Leeroo783, what did you use to cut yours with mate? I'm going to chop my LCR one to fit around my induction kit and was thinking about getting a wee dremmel?!

I just used hacksaw blade minus the frame so I could get around all the sticky-out bits easily. The plastic is fairly soft so the blade goes through it no problem. Tidy up the cuts with some wet&dry paper

I bought a second hand cover just in case the car needs to be put back to standard

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Can you explain some what exactly needs to but cut?

It's difficult for me to explain without pictures, plus mine is over a P-Flo intake so might vary for others

If you split the two shells it's fairly obvious to see which parts need removing, just go easy and check it in place inside the engine bay each time you remove a piece

An important point is that I was able to leave all four mounting points intact

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
I booked my car in to be lowered tomorrow as the springs arrived from Damian (Thanks mate by the way, ultra fast delivery). Can't wait to see what she looks like, especially settled. Ill give it a month before getting a full geo reset. Pics up soon.

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
Does anyone know why my rear 2012 rear led light cluster brake lights are pulsing/flashing??

Iv put them onto my 2010 Leon is it just a matrter of them being coded to the car??

Any help would be appriciated

mattster

Oct 4, 2009
my old 1.9 eco went today and my new 1.6 eco se copa with black leather arrived in its place. its the second time i have been given a car with the transport blocks still in place??
loving the new media system its a massive step up from the rns310 I had in the older one.
the Bi xenons are great too and much better that standard lights.
it has come with the repair kit and no spare but should there be a jack still as there isnt one included?

matt

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.