What did you and your MK2 do today?

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Fitted my W.A.L.K kit today and had the car checked for re-alignment but it was spot on as it was. W.a.l.k makes a nice difference to the steering and feels alot more plated on corners . Only drove 10 miles so no much time to try it out properly ;) .
No doubt il give it a good run to ultimate dubz sunday !!!

Good news! Told you it makes an immediate difference, one of the best mods I ever did to mine :)

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Good figures I guess! I always thought there was not as much reserve on the Renault 2.0T as there is on the K04 TFSI engine.. They are running quite some boost as standard I believe.

I must been reading the wrong info on forums/sites then because 320bhp is just as healthy as the Cupra. :)

After stage 1 it does kind of come to a dead end with the standard turbo, you can squeeze 330-40 out of it but it isn't cost effective as you have to start changing injectors and fuel pump etc, so many people go hybrid after stage 1 ( or stage 1+ [decat]) rather than going stage 2 on stock turbo as extra upgrades would have to be done anyway.

Last edited:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
when for a merry drive, not really driven her like that for a long time! forgot how much fun it was!

then let a mate drive it and told him he had to drive WOT and full boost, man it feels so different being sat in the passenger seat! i need more! I NEED MORE! and something to help the handling and hop!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
How the heck you managed that mate?! And what was wrong with your original ones - just incase I need to go try this magic trick myself....

After 21k mate it has thd usual bolster wear, I wasn't happy, so phoned seat uk and got it booked into a garage and weyhey. :)

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
After stage 1 it does kind of come to a dead end with the standard turbo, you can squeeze 330-40 out of it but it isn't cost effective as you have to start changing injectors and fuel pump etc, so many people go hybrid after stage 1 ( or stage 1+ [decat]) rather than going stage 2 on stock turbo as extra upgrades would have to be done anyway.

Sounds like you already know your stuff :D, I was not far off then..

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
After 21k mate it has thd usual bolster wear, I wasn't happy, so phoned seat uk and got it booked into a garage and weyhey. :)

Have you got any pictures of the bolsters you can PM me with - It's worth a shot if mine are in the same condition.

And are they replacing the whole lot or just fronts?

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Have you got any pictures of the bolsters you can PM me with - It's worth a shot if mine are in the same condition.

And are they replacing the whole lot or just fronts?

Just the fronts mate, the backs are never ever sat in. Ill get some pics. They ain't too bad. It's the supporting cushion that's rubbish. After a bit of investigating VAG changed there supplier to cost save for the seats..

Tron-19

Jan 4, 2013
I fitted LED DRL and sidelit bulbs to the Supercopa today. Looks soooooo much better at the front now. Just amazes me that Seat fit horrible yellowy ones in the first place. And I'm error free.

I'm gonna order my Sportlines today, just gonna trawl and see what part number I need for a 62 plate FR soot chucker.

***edit***
Springs on order from Damian. I did go for the sportslines. Ill post pics of my lowered Supercopa at the end of the month :)

And I'm thinking maybe a set of these, but I've not looked into offsets or what tyres I'd need either but I'd like a slight stretched look on the rear...
http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/showro...2_114&osCsid=8d2b820ed7f033472aa10da77415535d

Last edited:

NhojBob

White Van Man
Mar 1, 2013
Manchester
I fitted LED DRL and sidelit bulbs to the Supercopa today. Looks soooooo much better at the front now. Just amazes me that Seat fit horrible yellowy ones in the first place. And I'm error free.

I'm gonna order my Sportlines today, just gonna trawl and see what part number I need for a 62 plate FR soot chucker.

***edit***
Springs on order from Damian. I did go for the sportslines. Ill post pics of my lowered Supercopa at the end of the month :)

And I'm thinking maybe a set of these, but I've not looked into offsets or what tyres I'd need either but I'd like a slight stretched look on the rear...
http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/showro...2_114&osCsid=8d2b820ed7f033472aa10da77415535d

Are there any warranty issues with fitting aftermarket springs? I want sportlines on my supercopa too, but currently trying to persuade the mrs that it wont void the warranty, ruin the ride quality or have the front splitter make sweet love to the local speedbumps

Last edited:

NhojBob

White Van Man
Mar 1, 2013
Manchester
p.s. I took my MKII to Cheshire Oaks outlet, bought a new hoody, then came home.

if anyone saw a white supercopa doin a ton on m56 then it was me :D

p.p.s. PROVE IT OFFICER :D

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
If you buy the SEAT accessories lowering springs then definitely not. But if you buy some other aftermarket lowering springs I guess they may try and argue that if there was something wrong with the suspension system it was down to the springs. Mind you most things are probably considered wear and tear items and therefore not covered by warranty anyway.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Finally found an engine cover that wasn't silly money, cut up and fitted today
enginecover_zps05261ab9.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members