WAYHEY! My car is fixed..you wont believe what it was

flashbsd

alex..

I spoke with ryan_cupra today, have a word with him, basically he had similar issues and it was his ECU, he had rough running, rough idle, no faults, the same ignition fault you had, misfiring, rev high and it cuts out (like you said hooch experienced) The dealer blamed it on his MAF and coils etc, turned out to be the ECU (that water i noticed today certainly wont haver helped matters!)

He took his ecu apart and the main board was corroded inside (need new one or cleaned, but i will hassle this bloke for the other one i told you about)

Would get it checked by somebody asap, dealers they will want about 500 quid for a new one, but id be looking for a second hand one if i was you.

Vag-tech will find the fault for you, apparently hes had a few ibiza ECUs go before! so has revo kev etc

Flashy

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan cupra

Boooooost!
Oct 11, 2005
Maidstone, Kent
I cant garuantee thats your problem but it does sound exactly the same as i had! spent 2 weeks changing bits and wasting money on things that the dealer had suggested. then as flash said i took the ecu apart and found the main circuit board had corroded.
If this is the case with yours i can recomend the place i sent mine to! sent it special delivery last friday and got it back wednesday, plugged it straight in and the car runs better than it ever has! the work they did cost around £200 which is alot cheaper than a new unit!

flashbsd

cos probs have started again, and she's not pleased, i think she just wants it sorted, if i wasnt mapped with such an agrressive map, i could loan her mine, i have a second one coming hopefully so i will just pass that onto her. hopefully eliminate the problem.

Vag-tech will swap it with gregs anyways prob and see if your car works ok etc. :)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Thank you SO much flash & Ian for that, i appreciate all your help more than you know

Ryan - Sorry we didnt talk yesterday but i appreciate your help! What was your car doing exactly? Did you get misfiring on start up too?

How it run yesterday is probably the worst i have seen it, was not nice to see :cry:

Should i just go all in with the ECU and try and sort that? I dont see what else it could be?

Last edited:

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Following on from Flashy....I think you should speak to someone who has a standard Cupra ECU or at least has the facility to put their ECU into Stock mode... just to try it out.. see if it is your ECU... who knows... if it runs OK, maybe a DEMO of REVO could be switched on ;)

I have no idea who could help you out though :whistle:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
bloody hell, your not having any luck? one minute its fine, then its broke, then its fixed, then its broke again

although if it genuinly felt fine after swapping the vac hoses, then id go around them all again just to check one hasnt popped back off and check the dv for leaks if you havent done so already

the ecu is quite extreme but it does get wet and does happen

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Mike_IbizaCupra said:
Following on from Flashy....I think you should speak to someone who has a standard Cupra ECU or at least has the facility to put their ECU into Stock mode... just to try it out.. see if it is your ECU... who knows... if it runs OK, maybe a DEMO of REVO could be switched on ;)

I have no idea who could help you out though :whistle:

Hhmm someone that has an SPS3? :whistle:

I am going to try and book it in today

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
acidstrato said:
bloody hell, your not having any luck? one minute its fine, then its broke, then its fixed, then its broke again

although if it genuinly felt fine after swapping the vac hoses, then id go around them all again just to check one hasnt popped back off and check the dv for leaks if you havent done so already

the ecu is quite extreme but it does get wet and does happen

Yeah i dont think it was ever sorted to be honest, i thought it was but even that night the slit vacuum hose was found it didnt feel totally right on the way back from the meet

The original fault code that comes up is:-

Charge Pressure Control - Positive Deviation

This would be either my actuator or the ECU is sending wrong signals because its faulty

There was LOADS of water and grime around it when flash looked yesterday :shrug:

flashbsd

i am possibly goingt o vag-tech later on today to collect my fixed car, or tommorrow, i will have a chat with them about it for you, save you explaining things.

Nothing wrong with your actuator hun, if you unplug yourMAF its fine, nothing electronic on an actuator, sounds like ryan hit the nail on the head. Good lad! his ran fine with MAF unplugged too,.

flashbsd

i believe the SPS only works when you have a remap though ;) joking :)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
flashbsd said:
i am possibly goingt o vag-tech later on today to collect my fixed car, or tommorrow, i will have a chat with them about it for you, save you explaining things.

Nothing wrong with your actuator hun, if you unplug yourMAF its fine, nothing electronic on an actuator, sounds like ryan hit the nail on the head. Good lad! his ran fine with MAF unplugged too,.

I think Hooch may have told Greig the update but im not sure, i will call Greig today as i want to see if i can get in there tomorrow so that i may be possible to sort it out befor Hunters Lodge on Wednesday

I may be able to meet you and we could go there together?

Yeah it sounds like the same thing that Ryan had, doesnt it? How come its fine when the MAF is unplugged? Can ECUs just go?