Revo'd Ibiza Cupra 1.8T vs Stock LCR?

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
This thread is really funny. At the end of the day, who cares?

std. LCR is faster than std. Ibiza
remapped. LCR is faster than remapped Ibiza

remapped Ibiza may or may not be faster than std. LCR.

None of this is comparing like with like so it's irrelevant. On the day it would depend on amount / quality of petrol in the car, weight / number of passengers, contents of boot if any, condition of tyres, driver reaction, point at which you change gear etc. etc.

Liked the "willy waving" comment by the way. :lol:

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
acidstrato said:
its on video actually...not even my car and looks pretty accurate to me give or take a few cos of inaccuracy

as said i use vagcom and the sprint...please stop trying to make us look small...u just sound like a twat

end post fight with yourselves
Honestly mate.. If you got that timed officially, it'd be about 3 secs out.. Taking into account speedo inaccuracies etc (plus how do you know if it was on a straight piece of road and on a slight hill etc etc. If I put a vid of my speedo up, it'd look like it'd be about 12 secs to 100mph, but it never will be.. If I go down hill it could be anything... ;)

WileEcoyote

Aug 6, 2001
Hemel Hempstead
Visit site
:rolleyes:
Same old funny old thread?!?!

This has been done to death.

I have owned both
A remapped Ibiza MK3 will accelerate at roughly the equivalent rate as a stock LCR (there is very little in it below 100mph).
As the Speeds rise (>100mph) the little K03 starts to run very hot and run out of breath you'll find that the LCR will pull away slowly (the Ibiza's single SMIC not being able to get rid of its heat). In some respects the remapped Ibiza's long gearing and higher torque levels (for most maps) give it a bit of an advantage, but that little turbo dies a death after 5K rpm (yes for those who have the S its a slightly different story)

A good remap on the LCR will see it a different performance bracket all together.
1/4 mile times are meaningless in a way, as they a measure of driver skill (and traction)more then anything.

Get to bruntingthorpe and run the next to each other at 30mph through the gears and you'll see what i mean.

Hopefully hear ends the will waving contest:rolleyes:

jhlcr

Jan 30, 2006
blackturbo said:
After 60 a VTS is not as quick as a Cupra Ibiza!! This is just a big c*ck waving contest isnt it really! The original question was is a Revo'd Ibiza as quick as a stock LCR and the answer is yes if not quicker, END OF!
yeah it is:p its 150 bhp and weighs about 200 kilo more than a vts, i have tested this on more than one occasion, when you got a saxo everyone wants a pop!less so with the lcr:confused:

steveshady

Back to Deezley Weezly!
Mar 15, 2004
Exeter
Um yeah, time to stop it now I think!!

Sorry!

I'm getting the impression that a Revo'd Ibiza Cupra would out accelerate a stock Leon Cupra R.

But I'm not going drag racing at santa pod or anything like that, so 0.00002 seconds quicker doesn't really interest me!

I just needed to know what would blip what off the lights.

I wont ask about the handling!

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Chris Cupra R said:
wot times to chipped LCR's get?

i got 13,901 in my ibiza cupra?
Not being funny mate, but your slip doesn't make any sense...:confused:
You're reaction time compared to your competitor is only 0.01 sec faster (so very similar). You beat the other car by nearly 1.6 secs, so basically your first place difference should be just over 1.5 secs.. But yet it's only 1.1 secs.. So where has the other half sec gone to I ask..lol
You 1/8 mile time and speed is also half a sec and 5-6 mph slower than mine.. But yet by the end of the 1/4 you've made up all that and beaten mine by 1/10 of sec and nearly 5MPH!!!!(so you've pulled 10mph difference on mine in 1/8mile) :-o .. So basically it looks like you've turned on about 200bhp of NOS at the the 1/8 mile marker..:happy:

Just seems strange for a Cupra 1.8T with Revo and a can of 106 ron fuel..:confused:
Hope that makes sense.. lol
Does anyone else see what I mean?

Last edited:

BallyLCR

Hi my Brother has an revo'd ibiza mk3 and is faster than mine up to around a tone mine is standard at the moment due having a lot of work done to but getting it remapped soon again

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
blackturbo said:
Are you basing your sole argument on numbers alone when there are people in this thread who have actually compared the two??

You're not going to pull much on a stock LCR, maybe a few lengths at lower speeds but this would be pretty much reduced to zero as speeds rose. The fettled ibiza does 'feel' alot quicker than a stock LCR.

This thread is getting tedious

I just needed to know what would blip what off the lights.
Ibiza has the pwr/weight advantage at low speeds but is MUCH harder to launch than the leon, peakier delivery and less rubber. Why do you want to know out of interest?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.