Revo'd Ibiza Cupra 1.8T vs Stock LCR?

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Ben CTR said:
Have to disagree mate.. A mapped Ibiza will be as quick as a standard LCR upto a certain point yeah.. But kick it I think not.. As for a mapped one keeping with a mapped LCR.. Behave!!! :blink:

At last some sense !! Come on please, "kill it" :cartman:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
how can u say they arent as quick standard?

i have a video of a standard cupra making 60 in 7s and 100 in 18s...a standard LCR is supposed to be able to hit 60 in 6.5s or something but iv never seen it done

from my knowledge a number of remapped Ibiza cupras have done the 1/4 mile in 14.4s. its now as if having an induction kit would make any difference is it...much more the launch...

im not saying that evenly matched (std vs std or remapped vs remapped) that the ibiza is quicker...but its barely any slower!!!

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Well i'll be in Pod in the next month or so.. If there's any Ibiza's with JUST remap that you think will cross the line at the same time and terminal speed as me, i'll be more than up for a comparison...

How can a STANDARD Cupra (156bhp) be as quick as a standard LCR 225/210.. You're having a giraffe mate!! Yeah they are lighter, but not that bloody light.. A vid of a speedo and a stop watch is hardly what I call 'OFFICIAL' timing equipment, is it?
Is this guy for real?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
also heres a point ben...

i know for a fact u lurk on loads of forums and always comment when u see a 1/4 mile post!
so exactly how many times have u ran on the 1/4 mile to achieve 14.0? cos i reckon uv done more than a few!

me on the other hand i got 15.7s in my ibiza as standard on a hot day, the same day if i remember rightly u got some like 14.7s remapped. and that was my first ever go on the strip

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
acidstrato said:
also heres a point ben...

i know for a fact u lurk on loads of forums and always comment when u see a 1/4 mile post!
so exactly how many times have u ran on the 1/4 mile to achieve 14.0? cos i reckon uv done more than a few!

me on the other hand i got 15.7s in my ibiza as standard on a hot day, the same day if i remember rightly u got some like 14.7s remapped. and that was my first ever go on the strip
Oh f@ck off mate..
If you must know, that hot day was the GTI Fest last year IIRC and that just so happens to be the first time I ran my LCR and it was a 14.2 not 14.7. Plus i'm hardly the only person that's been to Pod on more than one occasion on here. In fact I probably go once every 3 months.. There's people on here that go alot more than that, I know.. So don't make me out to be some kind of 1/4 pro, when all I do is take my car up the strip every now and then and drive it properly.. I'm hardly comparing my car against 1 other Ibiza.. I'm comparing against all of them.. I know for a fact that JonathanP has run a 14.6 in his stanard LCR too..

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
After 60 a VTS is not as quick as a Cupra Ibiza!! This is just a big c*ck waving contest isnt it really! The original question was is a Revo'd Ibiza as quick as a stock LCR and the answer is yes if not quicker, END OF!

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Chris Cupra R said:
wot times to chipped LCR's get?

i got 13,901 in my ibiza cupra?
Wondered when you'd show up... LOL :lol:
I don't think yours is a good example of a JUST REMAPPED Ibiza fella..
Stripped and mapped on Race fuel springs to mind...
When you off again mate? I'd like a go with yours if you're up for it? I seem to remember the last GTI fest you only getting a 14.7 or something and you were proper stripped, on race fuel again, headlight out and on racing slicks that were the size of my house.. lol.. What happend there?

Last edited:

jhlcr

Jan 30, 2006
im enjoying this ben,the problem with the ibiza in my opinion is one thing, the renaultsport clio, tell you what though, thats a good time chris!:)

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
I like the Ibiza to mate.. My mum's got a Cupra Diesel and it's spot on.. I'm just merely pointing out a few facts, like some of the others.. But there appears to be the odd deluded one.. lol

Chris Cupra R

Mar 7, 2005
Bournemouth
Ben CTR said:
Wondered when you'd show up... LOL :lol:
I don't think yours is a good example of a JUST REMAPPED Ibiza fella..
Stripped and mapped on Race fuel springs to mind...
When you off again mate? I'd like a go with yours if you're up for it? I seem to remember the last GTI fest you only getting a 14.7 or something and you were proper stripped, on race fuel again, headlight out and on racing slicks that were the size of my house.. lol.. What happend there?

yea mate had air flow meter problems... fook knows why as its fine now..

next time i go it will be when i get more mods....

flashbsd

a paxo being as quick as a standard ibiza yes definatly :) not a mapped one with 1k put into it.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i guess im the deluded one am i lol

calm down son, u'll give yaself hernia :lol:

i was only pointing out that you have quite a few runs under ya belt...guess that dont make any difference then...all hail the leon cupra R...otherwise their owners bite your head off :cartman:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise