PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
5's are fine under load for short time, it was max on 1 cylinder the rest were up to 3 were they should be, i wouldnt advance the timing any furter tho, was probably the most i could run. Ive taken it back slightly to have a great margin or error forthe road. I set it up on the way to the rollers.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I will be corner weighting mine in a few weeks so i can see what the weight if it is too. Should be good with no heating in.

My grill used to always pop out. Your car is still looking lovely.

Keep me posted Alex as mine shouldnt be that far off yours by the time i remove the rest of the air con. No heating at all tho? Ouch. lol.

Thanks tho, i still need to sort out when im popping up, i havent forgotten. lol.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Some pics from a rolling road day this weekend passed. Got 200whp bang on, so guess thats about 230-235bhp. maybe more, i need to go back down as there was a problem as the coast down to work out bhp and torque didnt work on my car for some reason. Also my AFR was 15:1 under load, but showing no more than 5 on block 020, i think it was down to a leaky exhaust as its rattling and not fitting correctly at all. If it was running that lean i think i would have seen more then 5's under load. I was completely happy with the logs to be honest, 186g/s maf and boost looked good. Car is flying at the moment. Well happy.

I would'nt want to determin afr is right from timign pull phil...
you got wideband gauge on yours tho I thought?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I would'nt want to determin afr is right from timign pull phil...
you got wideband gauge on yours tho I thought?

No wideband yet, but all logs and plugs look spot on tho so i cant see how it was running that lean unless the injectors are maxed out completely, which is not far off the truth as you know (105% requested etc...)

I know theres a hole in the exhaust where the dowpipe meets the cat back, dodgy exhaust fitting by Westec back in the day. It was an Innovate tailpipe sniffer which was spot on for other cars, including garys mk2 leon.

Im gettin the exhaust looked at and wideband fitted soon then ill pop back down to see if its made any difference.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Track day completed today, 3 hours, 60 miles completed, 42 quids worth of fuel and a turbo thats smoking a bit. lmao. Oh well, otherwise the car was amazing, nothing could keep up with me on track, porsches carrera, new TTS, TVR etc... :D

Some pics....

DSC09288copy.jpg

DSC09286copy.jpg

DSC09281copy.jpg

DSC09274copy.jpg

DSC09275copy.jpg

DSC09209copy.jpg

DSC09228copy.jpg

DSC09234copy.jpg

Righttoe

100% Welsh *******
Jul 21, 2008
Bexleyheath, UK
saw you there today phil, but u were just coming off track, seen ur car later on the stand but couldnt see you, but then again dont know wat u look like lol, did u enjoy? it was a good day!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
No cameras were allowed on track so i couldnt get any, im waiting on a few pics off a few people on track then ill post them up.

Car was awesome fair play, super consistant and predictable on track, temps were gettin a little high tho, nudging 120° by the end of the stints on track, need to get me an oil cooler now.

I disabled the ABS as well and that was so much better on track especially with major breaking at the end of the start/finish straight - 115 ish down to about 20, once or twice the back end locked up - smokey. lol.

No cameras were allowed on track so i couldnt get any, im waiting on a few pics off a few people on track then ill post them up.

Car was awesome fair play, super consistant and predictable on track, temps were gettin a little high tho, nudging 120° by the end of the stints on track, need to get me an oil cooler now.

I disabled the ABS as well and that was so much better on track especially with major breaking at the end of the start/finish straight - 115 ish down to about 20, once or twice the back end locked up - smokey. lol.

haha is that with vag-com you can do that is it?

Oil cooler will help alot with the temps as long as it sensibly placed which I'm sure you will do! It's our 205 saver!

ian_cupra

its mad the difference with the ABS off isn't it :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members