PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Right the car is 99% ready now to go BT on it, all i have left to get is a wideband and ideally a baffled sump, then its saving time, my plan is to start gettin bits together over the next few months ready, ill be goin revo stage 3 so i can get the 550cc's any time and probably a 28rs or 2871 turbo, i want to keep spool down so its still a fun car with traction, 320-350bhp would do nicely, but i have no idea what setup to go for tho.

Id also like to source a spare head to drop some valves in because at 87k and a few track days and beatings im a little worried about the valves.

I have two track sessions left and after that ill be pretty much starting to rip the car apart again.

GotBoost

REVO Dealer
Aug 19, 2009
Llandow, S Wales
Narrowband sensor are generally 0-1v sensors that only give an indication of a lean/rich mixture around stoich ( 14.7:1 ), they are used for light load lambda correction to obtain good emissions, under heavier load the lambda sensor is ignored and the car runs off the main fuel table with no lambda correction.

Wideband sensors are generally 0-5v and give an accurate ( fairly ) AFR between 10-20afr ( generally ). This would be used on a car like Phils connected to a gauge to give the driver a live readout of AFR so he can monitor it in realtime, although there would be no feedback to the ECU. Under boost AFRs should be in the region of 11-12:1 depending on vehicle specifics. Some modern vehicles come from the factory with a wideband lambda and use the feedback for correction under high load via a 'target lambda lookup table'.

See you Sunday Phil. :D

Jun 26, 2008
Sunderland
ah i see so its for the driver to monitor whether the engines running rich/lean. thought it might have been written into the map.

Sorry to junk up your thread phil. :(

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
got boost are revo dealers now are they? will be comin back soon for a run on the dyno once ive run the new motor in pickin it up 2day cant wait. oh the valves must be changed i wont be doin any trackdays from now on til i get the supertech valves in which will be next year most prob,

keep up the good work m8

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
got boost are revo dealers now are they? will be comin back soon for a run on the dyno once ive run the new motor in pickin it up 2day cant wait. oh the valves must be changed i wont be doin any trackdays from now on til i get the supertech valves in which will be next year most prob,

keep up the good work m8

Yeah they are, only got it all sorted last week i think craig said.

Rolling road graphs from the weekend....

RRPrintoutBackSheet.jpg

RRPrintoutFrontSheet.jpg

:):):)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Couldnt get a reading in 4th for some reason, only whp, which on the first go was more than whats on the graph, was over 200whp in 5th but the figures at the fly might have calculated the same as the car was warmer etc..

Nice power tho and it does feel really good on the road. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.