My Mk2 Ibizas, Beetle, Corrado and Golf Cabbies + Jetta. Think I have a car problem?

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Not sure about black lip to be honest with you, think there was a pic of a mk5 golf running something like that.
Thinking white will be easy to have a crack at myself to keep the costs down, then have to get down to hobby craft to get paint for my centre caps.

Need to get the cash together for these wheels sharpish then

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Wheels are sorted now, and have found a place that will polish them for about £30 a wheel (which will save me the time of doing it myself). That is if I don't spray them white :D

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Yeah going for the stagger - just have to find my way round the low 23 et (with my 20mm adapter it will be et3!!)

Any ideas apart from camber shimming??

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Wheels are here

SP_A0041.jpg

SP_A0042.jpg

SP_A0044.jpg

SP_A0045.jpg

IMO look much nicer than the 7J.

Looking forward to getting them on the rear

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Yeah I think they should go on just about!
Might need a bit of stretch, camber shims and the arches rolled, but they will fit!!

I've decided that they are going to be polished though. Can't bring myself to ruff up two of my hand polished wheels to paint them white (though I am still torn).

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Cheers buddy. Have found out a place in Wolverhampton will polish wheels for the same price as it will cost to have them painted - so might do that and keep my evenings and fingers!!!

Managed to get a few spirited drives in the last few weeks and the valver has been putting a smile on my face :D, a few of my mates have more expensive tasty cars but can't touch mine for bang per buck

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
A few more pics of the problem I face getting the new rims on- after a quick trial fit

DSCF0978.jpg

DSCF0979.jpg

DSCF0980.jpg

DSCF0982.jpg

DSCF0983.jpg

DSCF0985.jpg

Thinking I will be going with a 195/45/16 on them and the tread should be under the arch then.
Still not sure if I will be able to get them under the arches.
Think it will be possible to get redrilled hubs as porsche fitment so I don't need the adapters - problem solved
If not then I know a guy who can sort me some camber via some shims on the stub axel
Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Not thinking of major camber, just try and get the tread under the arches really.
The dish really makes the dials look good, have to get them on!!
Worst comes to the worst I will have to use part worns :(

One thing I would worry about is MOT, think I would fail for having excessive camber (wouldnt be moting with them on due to the stretch)

Ollie

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
they'll look the absolute bollo.. with them on. Im seriously thinking of getting some new rims for next year.. the 'Rils aren't doing it for me anymore really

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Think some nice splits would look the part, as you seem to be able to pull the mini 15" rims off!!

I'll have the rils, they can sit in the garage with all the other wheels I never use ;)

Ollie

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
its either a set of splits , or something really 'out there'.... ( no i dont think baby blue Porsche rims would suit my green car! :()....got the winter redess t ocome up with something before the show season kicks off, so ... watch this space , I guess :)

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
They look sweet mate you should get them under!have a look at cupra44 "ibiza on air" thread think hes running 8.5. What about geting the arches pulled a littel bit?

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
its either a set of splits , or something really 'out there'.... ( no i dont think baby blue Porsche rims would suit my green car! :()....got the winter redess t ocome up with something before the show season kicks off, so ... watch this space , I guess :)

Baby blue :happy:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Will be getting some tyres trial fitted onto the teledials this week (all being well)

Car is currently in sleeper winter mode

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02248.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

Still having a think about the white roof and mirrors combo - whats the consensus?
Only vinyl so could come back off

Ollie

May 31, 2008
Just leave the roof and mirrors how they are, your car still looks awesome in winter mode :p