My Mk2 Ibizas, Beetle, Corrado and Golf Cabbies + Jetta. Think I have a car problem?

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
o dear, its seems a colour like the topaz blue, changes with the brightness of the day.. is it? oh and sorry for jacking your thread ollie, a postmans needs comes first

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Its ok captain Sam I forgive you as you are coming to edition!!! And yeah Brummy you do seem to be in a lot of my pictures. If you both come to edition then we can get some more mk2 photos - you knows it

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Cleaning the Arches Out

Had a day off today so decided that I would take the arch liners out and clear out all the crap and grime. One of the best things about the GTi Is that there is no signs of rust on the rear arch/ quarters (and I want to keep it that way!!)

Step 1

DSCF0734.jpg

Jacked the car up and took the wheel off

Step 2/U]

DSCF0735.jpg

Wheel is off, got to work with a screw driver and spanner to remove the arch liners
DSCF0736.jpg

DSCF0737.jpg

Step 3

Little tug on the arch liner, cutting my fingers on the locating screws getting it out :ban:

DSCF0738.jpg

DSCF0739.jpg

Didn't realise how much would just fall out as I did it

DSCF0740.jpg

Then got my hands dirty running my fingers around the innner arch lip digging all the dirt and grim that has collected there over the last 10 years!
Am very supprised at the state of the arches, given they were complelety packed with dirt that was sucking up moisture like a sponge when I was hosing it all out!!

DSCF0741.jpg

Cue the rain which stopped my plan of letting it all dry out before waxoiling the lot and then re-inserting the newly cleaned arch liner (It absolutly tipped it down!!)

DSCF0742.jpg

And thats all I got done today

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
It is seriously worth it!!! Will probably improve the longevity of any mk2 Ibiza 10X if you did this periodically!! It's an easy job to do, just not very fun.
Will do the other one and the red ones as soon as I can.
Will try and get both of them washed and waxed and do a bit of a photoshoot if I get a chance

Ollie

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
That 1.4 would deffinatly be a keeper if you could just find it in yourself to drop in an interesting lump in.......its mint.

You dads beetles pretty damm cool!

Novataken

8v on Bike carbs ;)
Jul 30, 2008
Scunthorpe
That 1.4 would deffinatly be a keeper if you could just find it in yourself to drop in an interesting lump in.......its mint.

Ive got a mint condition silver one 1.4 im looking to drop a big lump into it, But whats the crack with engine mounts? would i have to get GTI Mounts as im guessing there different from the 1.4 mounts

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Cheers for the comments guys
Skate board made a rather good wheely seat to sit on :D
Yeah 1.4 is in really nice condition. Think its going to take some abuse for a year in Smelly Oak at Uni though! Hopefully will just be a case of having the bumpers resprayed and the dent man coming out to it (Both of which will be done when I the Cupra has a full respray after I finish uni) so will still be looking good!
Yeah would really love to drop something interesting into it - but the costs involved along with the costs of what I will be doing to the Cupra will probably be too much.
Will keep it as a daily probably unless someone wants it to play with ???? Jenk ;)????

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Managed to steal a picture off another site of my motor

_D309318-1.jpg

Probably my favourite of it to date

Ollie

Last edited:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Been getting ready to go to edition - made a few final finishing touches to the motor

DSCF0747.jpg

Finally got my personal plate on the Cupra with pressed plates and Spanish Plate surround - from my parents holiday in Majorca :D

DSCF0749.jpg

Next is the newly painted matt black painted bonnet fresh for writing on at the show tomorrow - I really like it!!!

DSCF0749.jpg

DSCF0751.jpg

Also got my brake pads fitted today - I had a problem with one of my calipers so couldn't do it myself
Mechanic was the first to sign the bonnet

DSCF0760.jpg

Then decided what the hell. Lets get both the cars out the garden

DSCF0765.jpg

DSCF0753.jpg

DSCF0754.jpg

DSCF0759.jpg

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Got my dice valve caps on and fitted my new side light bulbs

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF0758.jpg

Have also got me some spairs
DSCF0761.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

DSCF0764.jpg

DSCF0756.jpg

DSCF0755.jpg

More Pictures to come tomorrow at the show

Ollie

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Looking good ollie ;)
shame about the faffing about in the rain trying to get your window sorted today though.. hope it is/was just that conection at the door

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Absent mindedly opened the window on the way home - never been so worried that it wouldn't mind back up - but it seems ok for the moment!!

Yeah was a shame about the weather today - was a lot of nice motors there today - gives me ideas of what to do

Ollie

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.