Foot rest

swerver

Aug 18, 2003
scotland
Visit site
Just a quick one. I looked at the search function before anyone says it,
Is there a footrest available for the LCR rhd that is already like the pedals the car comes with or do you have to change all your pedals to eg audi TT ones to get 4 of the same design. :shrug:

Many thanks

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
dont think so mate - the dead pedals available tend to be matching to other sets. There is an R32 set and an audi tt set, but prices are quite high.

I had a custom one made up for about a tenner which isnt too bad - doesnt match my audi tt ones but much better than the plastic std one.

www.vagparts.co.uk have some i think - but the r32 dead pedal is ~£60!....

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
it was a guy on the forums - he made a batch and that was it - wasnt much interest in it in the end, but i dont care cos i got mine :) lol

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
When you say Dead Pedal, are you refering to the clutch rest just to the left of the clutch pedal? If so, I already have one in my 2004 LCR.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yes "clutch rest" - the place you can put your left foot to rest when driving, be it long distance or whatever.

we are talking about aluminium rest pedals to match the pedals on the lcr.

claudefrog

Oct 23, 2005
At home
www.reallymeansounds.com
or since im nice and have read the above site before, the pic is
deadpedalin.jpg

FriarFR

Jul 3, 2005
Hampshire
lol - they are pretty crap arent they - was just wondering if they could be washing-machined for a bit of revitalisation

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i know i said a tenner above but somethings telling me i paid more than that.... Think it was something like £15 delivered but sure bigkid'll let you know ;)

bigkid

yep its £15 +£1 p+p and if memory serves me correctly Ive still got 5 or 6 for sale, they do look good next to the LCR pedals, for which they were made

FriarFR

Jul 3, 2005
Hampshire
Pabs said:
indeed. I dont use them for demisting anyway - got windows and aircon that does that for me.

me too, but i seem to have an eternal problem with greasy deposits ( :whistle: ) - whats the best way to get the inside of the screen clean? (sorry - not meaning to hijack the thread.. in fact, ignore that - I'll search...!)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.