DaNnY_LaD's IHI'd Cupra ( End Of a Eara 08/11/2009)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Going to be getting a new Intercooler Soon aswell Depending on what Price Forge come back to me with...
As i said before im going for the motorsport look So im fancy going down this Route,
Pictures are of beattie thanks alot beattie...Mucho appeaicated..

Modding the bumper Isnt a problem and Will look in to the crash bar Area...Also got my mate Re-painting my Full car in march/april time so wether im staying yellow or going for a different colour change il have to deside..

The FMIC that i wanna go down..;
NewFMIC.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

Im also going for looks aswell Just don't want to make my Gt2x hybrid lagger via Pressure drop..

Or the same as tasha's
STA60047-2.jpg

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

that black one looks OK actually

what FMIC is it?

personally I would stick with Forge, I know they are not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Had a Forge FMIC fitted to my old MK3 cupra and it was superb

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
yeah i know what you mean but i hate the way the forge one looks...

Just a uni intercooler...My ths is good but want something taller Not really wider or thick just taller so i can cut out the number plate..

jamiebennett81

yeah i know what you mean but i hate the way the forge one looks...

Just a uni intercooler...My ths is good but want something taller Not really wider or thick just taller so i can cut out the number plate..

whats wrong with the Forge one, it looks great:blink:

so in essence you are sacrificing a great intercooler, which functions extremely well and would suit your application very well, for the way it looks? and all because you want to cut out the number plate?:confused:

if it was me, I would leave the number plate in place and just stick with Forge, you wont be disappointed. I gained a couple of PSI and power top end of the rev range as soon as I had fitted the Forge kit:D

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
No i just want a meater FMIC and want the number plate gone...Nowt wrong with that...

bascially same as the Ths But taller..

Just a Idea mind that il think about...See what forge can come up with..

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Danny I think that black car looks ace! I say do it. I completely understand you want a different intercooler that does the same work but will change the look of the car. I am on laguna setup now and although it works I want something that looks good too...so I am changing a perfectly good setup.

I think the cut out bumper as above will be something different! should look great.
you got me curious on the color you'll be choosing for respray though ;)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Danny I think that black car looks ace! I say do it. I completely understand you want a different intercooler that does the same work but will change the look of the car. I am on laguna setup now and although it works I want something that looks good too...so I am changing a perfectly good setup.

I think the cut out bumper as above will be something different! should look great.
you got me curious on the color you'll be choosing for respray though ;)

Yeah I had the bumper off today cleaning and replacing bits and bats really ready for the postman on monday :D

But got the measurments of that cooler and id loose the A/C and id have to seariously mod the crash bar...
So going for that cooler isnt possible tbh...Going to see how my Uni runs on the Gt2x then take it from there really...

Now ive got some nice subtle colours in mine but going yellow seems to be the favour really Keep it orginal..
Ive Desided Not to hybrid the Gt2x as it pointless so going to get it full re-built & a 360D thrust Bearing added for 300 Inc Vat and P&P so going to do that on the 20th of jan..

djscorch

Innovate, don't imitate
Jun 30, 2006
Manchester
I'll hold you to that. I should have collected all the old parts you've replaced and built my own 1.8T engine for the Cordoba!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members