205 full blown track car - PICS 22/09/09

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nae yet no. You've just reminded me to go and have a look on ebay for a holder for the cage for my video camera. Would be good like.

Haven't even been up to see it yet since I got back because I've been so busy with all family xmas stuff etc etc.

Come on Josh, get your priorities sorted,
Car first and family after, with your petrol blood lines they'll understand

Just had her at a track night at Knockhill last night. Was awesome to say the least! Would have had some videos with the new camera mount I've fitted, but was rushed in the morning to get to work so forgot the video camera..!

We were playing with tyre temperatures. Took them down to 30 psi when hot and what an improvement! Were sitting at 40 at the start of the session!!

The car was still understeering, and lots of other stuff too! Anyway next on the to do list:
Either try and fit these 4-pot AP callipers I have (doubt it with standard GTi wheels!) or just fit braided lines and Motul RBF 5.1 fluid with decent discs and pads with the GTi-6 callipers just now. Leave the rear brakes as they are good being crap!
Going to get some group N mounts as there is a lot of movement with the mounts on at the moment, very hairy in the first few corners at Knockhill coming into the right hander at the bottom of the hill!
Then going to get rid of the gash shocks LAD have put on and get some proper stuff on! Looking for some Bilsteins to come up, something with a bit more ridgity to them!
Also looking for a second set of wheels and get some slicks on them.

After that will get to some more track days and see what's what!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Just had her at a track night at Knockhill last night. Was awesome to say the least! Would have had some videos with the new camera mount I've fitted, but was rushed in the morning to get to work so forgot the video camera..!

We were playing with tyre temperatures. Took them down to 30 psi when hot and what an improvement! Were sitting at 40 at the start of the session!!

The car was still understeering, and lots of other stuff too! Anyway next on the to do list:
Either try and fit these 4-pot AP callipers I have (doubt it with standard GTi wheels!) or just fit braided lines and Motul RBF 5.1 fluid with decent discs and pads with the GTi-6 callipers just now. Leave the rear brakes as they are good being crap!
Going to get some group N mounts as there is a lot of movement with the mounts on at the moment, very hairy in the first few corners at Knockhill coming into the right hander at the bottom of the hill!
Then going to get rid of the gash shocks LAD have put on and get some proper stuff on! Looking for some Bilsteins to come up, something with a bit more ridgity to them!
Also looking for a second set of wheels and get some slicks on them.

After that will get to some more track days and see what's what!

Mate we are so jealous of your spec. Our little pug performed superbly at Donnington last week, but we were desperate for more power. Ive not had so much fun in ages. We have definitly got the bug,

Mate we are so jealous of your spec. Our little pug performed superbly at Donnington last week, but we were desperate for more power. Ive not had so much fun in ages. We have definitly got the bug,

It's great craic isn't it!! Was out performing Elises, track prepped fiestas and minis (that they use in the series at Knockhill) also a driving instructor in a new LCR :p

All driver of course!!

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Love this car, I bid on this last year when it came up for sale, but was beaten (by you??).

Glad its getting put to good use!

LAD did put a few rubbish parts on it, but sounds like your sorting that out! Im very jealous!

Just added Spax RSX suspension fit Group N top mount rubbers, along with all the Group N mounts for the engine, gearbox etc and susposibly the difference is great! I haven't driven it myself but dad has and says it's brilliant. I had a quick shot and it doesn't dive any more when letting off the throttle and feels a hell of a lot firmer!

Will be able to tell you from my view what it like after this weekends session at Knockhill.

Oh and also bought some R888s too so hopefully it's dry!!

Just had another Knockhill track day on Saturday. A 4 hour session organised by SIDC.

The car was going VERY well! Pretty much sorted the handling. Just need to get some decent tyres on (still ran on F1's) and maybe a bit of negative camber.

A guy there in an MI16 I was playing around with had an in car camera going so there may be some video footage to follow :)

I will just post up some pictures from it including some flames and 2 wheel action :) Oh and being infront of an R8...

3934981813_273502599e_o.jpg

3934988575_b885cae4e8_o.jpg

3934989201_5b8d89ffe2_o.jpg

3934990641_306fe310a0_o.jpg

3935766168_905a257cec_o.jpg

3935779624_ebe29cbb38_o.jpg

3935781168_d326959e89_o.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I'M REALLY JEALOUS!!!

Looks like a brilliant day.
Saw there was a LCR on there too with Cars Recovery plastered all over it.
How did you get on against the other 205?
Was it 4 guys that were running it? I think it was the same guys that were there the last time too

You back at School now, lol

I'M REALLY JEALOUS!!!

Looks like a brilliant day.
Saw there was a LCR on there too with Cars Recovery plastered all over it.
How did you get on against the other 205?
Was it 4 guys that were running it? I think it was the same guys that were there the last time too

You back at School now, lol

It was an excellent day. Forgot to say we had a coolant leak as well. Luckily it was towards the end of the pipe so just cut off an inch and put it back on :)

Yeah it seemed very slow though... All you could hear was turbo whistle so I'm not sure if they had a problem, but they were on all day.

Had a very fun scrap with the MI but I managed to wipe it :) Dad didn't... Saying something here?? :p He also admitted I was faster than him :blink:

Yeah I think it was 4 guys who were running it, although only 2 seemed to be driving.

Oh and yeah back to Uni ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.