• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Bought a new vehicle today.....
IMG-20240922-WA0000.jpeg

I know it's not a leon. But it's new mobile work van and will be used to tow the car about when it's done

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Lancashire
Ok, helped my dad for a change working on his motor, well one of the hardest jobs think we have done, epb on his 4wd santa fe looked on, had to cut the cables to each rear hub so could move it, had to drop the hub anti roll bar and more. It lives on top of rear cross member and no room at all with the diff in the way got it done and working, hyundai wanted close to 3000 notes for job. What a pain of a job manual hand brakes still no1 lol

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Not so much what I've done to my car today but I've just taken possession of this absolute beauty.

Full billet aluminium 1.8T rocker cover that I had shipped over from USA and the finish was pretty appaling considering the cost so I sent it off to a metal polishing expert fairly local to me and got a lovely brushed finish on it. (I didn't want mirror bling much to his surprise)
caf2ddb6dac0752a834787e44676229c.jpg
80aa1eeb087ba0c48163971f526bc8fa.jpg
486decdc3759f304f9e80b832c24f702.jpg
e9065096c148dae6ef6de7ab4dcba8dc.jpg
d4e124c3454a7226c8443347bd01a626.jpg
62055bd9cb84aca924aa61ebfb049a4a.jpg
4bdda31a3d2c723f06ce63e65ef7c3f6.jpg
6ee60f917070f2ffdc47ae168dd9c4d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
What was the import tax on the cover.
I been looking . But can't figure out what the whole price would be

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
This is going to be fun.

Looking at this, what does everyone reckon? Is it going to last the winter, or do I need to try and sort this out as soon as possible? It's the offside front wing.

1cf53287f765cc9984e4f6fe340bf2c9.jpg

1dd2174dc74e26e8b49d089d460e3c89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
common issue, take the inner wheel covers off and check for rust ect , drivers side wing on mine had a hole in it the side skirt needed to come off, lucky not the sills.. it was only by chance i seen it as i was sorting rust out on the wing lip at the bottom like yours.. this is handy before spraying https://www.rust.co.uk/product/250ml-hammerite-kurust-rust-converter/ looks like the inner arch fixings or plugs have gone also , got theses for mine as some plugs had gone https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.70.60261802VDgyRn&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm

Reactions: BadBoy03

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
common issue, take the inner wheel covers off and check for rust ect , drivers side wing on mine had a hole in it the side skirt needed to come off, lucky not the sills.. it was only by chance i seen it as i was sorting rust out on the wing lip at the bottom like yours.. this is handy before spraying https://www.rust.co.uk/product/250ml-hammerite-kurust-rust-converter/ looks like the inner arch fixings or plugs have gone also , got theses for mine as some plugs had gone https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.70.60261802VDgyRn&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm
I gave mine an overhaul in the summer, but was surprised how much it had accelerated from last year. I think I've got it covered for now, but I am paying much closer attention to it when I clean/work on it. The shitty UK weather is trying it's best to destroy these cars 😣

Reactions: Nam-uk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
I gave mine an overhaul in the summer, but was surprised how much it had accelerated from last year. I think I've got it covered for now, but I am paying much closer attention to it when I clean/work on it. The shitty UK weather is trying it's best to destroy these cars 😣
If it’s bad in daft places you could driller out even use a drill steel brush then treat it and use fibreglass filler and at the back use underseal even on the inside bottom of wings and sills and on lips then fit the covers back that’s what I’ve done I’ve had it come back only on the parts I sprayed thin or not treated..
The roof bars is another common one as the water holds behind the roof bar strips, pritty common issue across vw group cars even seen a mk5 golf bottom of wings rusting in same place, people leave it as it don’t look that bad until they investigate as the rust attacks the sills behind wing

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
This is going to be fun.

Looking at this, what does everyone reckon? Is it going to last the winter, or do I need to try and sort this out as soon as possible? It's the offside front wing.

It's literally like you took a photo of my car. Last year when I got it, there looked to be no rust issues, but roll the clock forward to now and its bubbled the paint there just the same, and a bit on the rears. Its worse just knowing I need to address it and the weather being too crap to do so :-/

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
If it’s bad in daft places you could driller out even use a drill steel brush then treat it and use fibreglass filler and at the back use underseal even on the inside bottom of wings and sills and on lips then fit the covers back that’s what I’ve done I’ve had it come back only on the parts I sprayed thin or not treated..
The roof bars is another common one as the water holds behind the roof bar strips, pritty common issue across vw group cars even seen a mk5 golf bottom of wings rusting in same place, people leave it as it don’t look that bad until they investigate as the rust attacks the sills behind wing
Luckily, I was a 90's driver, so my first car was from the 80's & next couple were pretty dogged with rust everywhere. Back then you needed kurust, filler, a good welder & scrappy on speed dial.
Thai? 😉

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Luckily, I was a 90's driver, so my first car was from the 80's & next couple were pretty dogged with rust everywhere. Back then you needed kurust, filler, a good welder & scrappy on speed dial.
Thai? 😉
Not wrong their but problem was then the steel was bad on some makes as no matter what you did the would section needed replacing,

the rust converter was one of the good products that worked then you can get now, AZ90 is also good as a direct steel paint

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.