• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

OBD Modifications

Sep 19, 2024
Could you please add the link?

Of course!

This is the place where they configure it for 150€.

I’ve asked to them but they said that with my VIN number is required to do a aditional modification, 450€. I asked what they need to replace, but no response.

Regards and sorry for my english.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
what do you mean by the following adjustments in control unit 09: Hmi_contour_colors_fod_bitmask and Hmi_ambient_colors_fod_bitmask

Sep 19, 2024
what do you mean by the following adjustments in control unit 09: Hmi_contour_colors_fod_bitmask and Hmi_ambient_colors_fod_bitmask

Sorry do you mean what I currently have paramatered? The default values for 10 colors actually.

Regards,

Sep 20, 2024
Well, I'm happy to prove myself wrong, Travel Assist can indeed be coded with OBD11, if you have the necessary hardware. I picked up a new steering wheel with the TA button from a seller on eBay and after fitting it (which was a bit of a PITA), the coding part was surprisingly easy. I picked up a few clues on various forums, but was still surprised to pretty much nail it first try. I now have a fully working TA, including lane assist below 40mph and the extended assistant view with multi-lane traffic and road curves :D

Even with the capacitive steering wheel, I still get the "takeover steering" warning once in a while, but it's definitely not as often as before.

View attachment 26144 View attachment 26145

So the key piece of hardware for this to work is the capacitive steering wheel, without that you're getting nowhere. I'm not really sure what else is required, my car came with DSG, front assist, side assist and park assist from the factory and I'm assuming that at least front assist and maybe DSG is required for the full experience.

So for everyone else who might be interested, here are my settings:

Control unit 13, Adaptive cruise control:

View attachment 26147

Control unit A5, Driver assistance:

View attachment 26146 View attachment 26148
Hi, could you confirm that you had travel assist before but without the capacitive steering wheel? Can you tell me the coding you did to activate travel assist without the capacitive steering wheel? Thanks

Sep 30, 2024
Congratulations everyone for this thread, you are amazing! it's hard to find the encodings online, thanks! I have a Cupra Leon KL. Can the driver profile be saved?

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
possible, yes, ex works, no. requires a change in the data set of the control unit 19

Sep 30, 2024
Thank you. Whats setting?
In addition, lane assist below 60kmh, is it possible without having the annoying message of the hands on the steering wheel? Even without hitting the road. Using the maintenance of courses.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
This is not a setting for storing driving profiles. You have to change the control unit 19 in the software by flashing

Oct 4, 2024
Slovakia
Hello, I studied the whole thread to understand how OBD eleven works and what all is possible to code with it before I buy it.
What interests me and is not clear to me is how SFD works. I bought a Seat Leon SP (2023/08) and since it is under warranty, I am afraid to code the units that use SFD. If I understand it correctly, the authorized service will know about all interventions. In the first posts of this thread, it is mentioned that SFD blocks only some units, so could someone tell me which units are not blocked
I am primarily interested in the coding of new views in the virtual cockpit and the normal cruise control function (I have AAC).

Thanks

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Control units protected by SFD
03 - Brake electronics
09 - Central electrics
15 - Airbag
16 - Steering wheel electronics
17 - Control panel insert
19 - Diagnostic interface
23 - Brake booster
51 - Electric drive
5F - Information electronics
75 - Telematics

all information without guarantee

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
London
Hello, I studied the whole thread to understand how OBD eleven works and what all is possible to code with it before I buy it.
What interests me and is not clear to me is how SFD works. I bought a Seat Leon SP (2023/08) and since it is under warranty, I am afraid to code the units that use SFD. If I understand it correctly, the authorized service will know about all interventions. In the first posts of this thread, it is mentioned that SFD blocks only some units, so could someone tell me which units are not blocked
I am primarily interested in the coding of new views in the virtual cockpit and the normal cruise control function (I have AAC).

Thanks
If you afraid about loosing warranty don't code anything as every SFD unlocked is stored permanently in the unit any modification is stored. Question is if your dealership can access it 😁

Oct 6, 2024
Login 20103
Code travel assist &capacitive steering wheel

Auto changing only with camera firmware at least 3400
Hello, good day,

I have a 2021 Seat León Mk4 that originally came with a standard or basic steering wheel.
I replaced it with one from a León Cupra, which is capacitive and heated.

I’ve been coding the car as I’ve read on this forum, and I managed to get the Travel Assist feature to work with the new button on the steering wheel. However, I haven’t been able to unlock the lane assist menu (I understand this is done by updating a control unit through ODIS, which I’ll do soon and will keep you updated).

But what really concerns me is that I can’t get the heated steering button to work. I changed the airbag ring to the same one as the Cupra steering wheel, installed new wiring, and connected two wires—one to a 10A fuse and another to the ground—so the installation should work. The issue is I can’t find the coding to make the car detect the heated steering wheel and activate it from the screen.

Additionally, when I press the button on the steering wheel, I get an error related to the heated steering wheel.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
You have to change the adjustment in the gateway for the buttons on the MFL. Probably, I can't check right now. What you definitely need to do is change the coding in the control unit 08.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
If you afraid about loosing warranty don't code anything as every SFD unlocked is stored permanently in the unit any modification is stored. Question is if your dealership can access it 😁
Just for my information am i correct in that when you make a SFD Unlock request this is stored on the VAG Servers for 30 years along with your IP Address and OBD11 User name. However the actual coding changes are not recorded just the unlock. VAG Servers can easily see if changes have been made as they have a build copy of your car so they can do a compare to see the changes you have made and this I think dealers can access if they can be bothered.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
As far as I know, the OBD account is recorded by VW plus changes to the coding. But it could also be wrong.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
ok its been a long time since I looked at this stuff but checked out the OBD11 Forum and got this

After each connection to the control unit, protected by SFD (Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose / Vehicle Diagnostic Protection), some of your data (the pseudonymised user ID (name), pseudonymised workshop ID (if applicable), country and or the vehicle VIN code) will be transferred to the Volkswagen Group, which will analyse your actions.

If the Volkswagen Group detects violations of security requirements or other non-compliances and submits a request to us, we will also transfer to the Volkswagen Group and/ or investigative authorities your other personal data – full name, address, e-mail, telephone number and workshop ID and address (if applicable).

And also
29. When using the Mobile Application and OBDevelen hardware to connect to the SFD (Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose / Vehicle Diagnostic Protection) service, you must comply with the following rules:
- the SFD service is only allowed to be used as part of the actions required for the repair (purpose limitation);

You can find the original SFD Documentation here https://datenschutz.volkswagen.de/download?lang=de-de and so far it has not been updated.

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
ok its been a long time since I looked at this stuff but checked out the OBD11 Forum and got this

After each connection to the control unit, protected by SFD (Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose / Vehicle Diagnostic Protection), some of your data (the pseudonymised user ID (name), pseudonymised workshop ID (if applicable), country and or the vehicle VIN code) will be transferred to the Volkswagen Group, which will analyse your actions.

If the Volkswagen Group detects violations of security requirements or other non-compliances and submits a request to us, we will also transfer to the Volkswagen Group and/ or investigative authorities your other personal data – full name, address, e-mail, telephone number and workshop ID and address (if applicable).

And also
29. When using the Mobile Application and OBDevelen hardware to connect to the SFD (Schutz Fahrzeug Diagnose / Vehicle Diagnostic Protection) service, you must comply with the following rules:
- the SFD service is only allowed to be used as part of the actions required for the repair (purpose limitation);

You can find the original SFD Documentation here https://datenschutz.volkswagen.de/download?lang=de-de and so far it has not been updated.
Cheers and thanks for the added information.

Think that solves my tuning/coding plans until the end of Warranty .....

Nov 27, 2023
Of course!

This is the place where they configure it for 150€.

I’ve asked to them but they said that with my VIN number is required to do a aditional modification, 450€. I asked what they need to replace, but no response.

Regards and sorry for my english.
It is not possible with obd11 because you have to enter V2 color list... Only ODIS or vcp...and have the file 😂

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.