OBD Modifications

Jul 27, 2022
Is there some way to get 3rd brake light flashing with central locking?
I tried known coding solution in 09 Central locking
Changing "Dyn. turn signal" is working but can't change Leuchte22BR MA57 / Lichtfunktion B22
SFD unlocking successful but get error 31 (OBDeleven, VCDS, ODIS)

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
If i buy the basic OBD11 [£72 on amazon uk] - am i limited in making changes? Main thing i'd like to do is the lane assist off [and it's sensitivty for if i do some motorway miles] and to have the rear led non as a drl. Not desperate to have these changes, but won't if the basic OBD11 is overly limited in what it can do. [I did start reading this thread, but got rather lost, as it started 3 years ago]

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
If i buy the basic OBD11 [£72 on amazon uk] - am i limited in making changes? Main thing i'd like to do is the lane assist off [and it's sensitivty for if i do some motorway miles] and to have the rear led non as a drl. Not desperate to have these changes, but won't if the basic OBD11 is overly limited in what it can do. [I did start reading this thread, but got rather lost, as it started 3 years ago]
Simple answer is that OBD11 Comes in 3 forms but all using the same dongle.

Basic - This gives you access to the control units and the ability to unlock SFD but from a coding perspective you can only make changes using one click apps which you have to pay for each time you use them. You also have Live Data and Charts

Pro - This gives you full coding access to the car and the ability to do things like Basic Settings, output test and changing diagnostic modes

Ultimate - Same as Pro but you can also build your own one click apps and all one click apps are free on the VAG Side.

All of these will also work on all cars from 2008 with OBD2 Diagnostic mode but only on Engine and Gearbox (if auto) plus full diagnostics on BMW and TOYOTA Group motors along with one click apps but there is no manual coding.

Hope that helps.

ps if you buy direct from OBD11 its 51.09 plus 5.99 postage or as you are going to be using credits for one click apps then you buy basic plus 200 credits for 76.69 plus postage

UPDATE:

Whilst checking out the postage cost on the OBD11 Site I left a dongle in the shopping basket got an email reminding me it was there and next day got a final reminder and a ten percent discount code.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 09.21.24.png

Last edited:

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
Simple answer is that OBD11 Comes in 3 forms but all using the same dongle.

Basic - This gives you access to the control units and the ability to unlock SFD but from a coding perspective you can only make changes using one click apps which you have to pay for each time you use them. You also have Live Data and Charts

Pro - This gives you full coding access to the car and the ability to do things like Basic Settings, output test and changing diagnostic modes

Ultimate - Same as Pro but you can also build your own one click apps and all one click apps are free on the VAG Side.

All of these will also work on all cars from 2008 with OBD2 Diagnostic mode but only on Engine and Gearbox (if auto) plus full diagnostics on BMW and TOYOTA Group motors along with one click apps but there is no manual coding.

Hope that helps.

ps if you buy direct from OBD11 its 51.09 plus 5.99 postage or as you are going to be using credits for one click apps then you buy basic plus 200 credits for 76.69 plus postage

UPDATE:

Whilst checking out the postage cost on the OBD11 Site I left a dongle in the shopping basket got an email reminding me it was there and next day got a final reminder and a ten percent discount code
Thanks for the detailed reply mate. I did look at the website direct, but assume they ship from Europe, so will get hit with VAT and possible duty fees to the UK?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Thanks for the detailed reply mate. I did look at the website direct, but assume they ship from Europe, so will get hit with VAT and possible duty fees to the UK?
The price include VAT from memory because they have had to open a UK Business and the cheapest shipping option is Amazon delivery. I bought one for somebody else recently and I did not have to pay custom fees.

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
The price include VAT from memory because they have had to open a UK Business and the cheapest shipping option is Amazon delivery. I bought one for somebody else recently and I did not have to pay custom fees.
Ah, nice one. Not clear at all from the website. Quite a bit cheaper direct then. Weirdly, the drop down option for Country is in Lithuanian, and I can't for the life of me work out which is UK...

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
From the dongle, select add to cart, then select checkout, enter your personal details and on right hand side of screen enter promo code.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 21.55.39.png

Next screen you enter you address details
hope that helps

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
From the dongle, select add to cart, then select checkout, enter your personal details and on right hand side of screen enter promo code.

View attachment 43830

Next screen you enter you address details
hope that helps
Yeah, got that far. Entered my address, but the Country drop down is the sort I'm stumped at 😁 All the Country names aren't in English.....(Or I'm doing something wrong as the rest of the website and checkout is in English!)

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
Typical. Order with 10% off code and ten mins after whilst browsing Facebook, and add for the Toyota version with a 15% off code appears... And it works for the Seat basket. So if anyone wants 15% off, code it TOYOTA 😁

Reactions: tracktoy

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Another bug with the web site, according to the advert its only 15% off the price of credits but as you say if you enter the code on a dongle you get the full 15% off.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-08-22 at 17.58.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-08-22 at 17.58.45.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: bells0
Oct 14, 2023
Recently I activated wireless CarPlay using OBDeleven and 5F Multimedia Adaptation. But for some reason now CarPlay only works wirelessly. If I plug in a new iPhone using cable, nothing happens. Is it possible to have both wireless and wired CarPlay support?

Oct 14, 2023
Recently I activated wireless CarPlay using OBDeleven and 5F Multimedia Adaptation. But for some reason now CarPlay only works wirelessly. If I plug in a new iPhone using cable, nothing happens. Is it possible to have both wireless and wired CarPlay support?
Can't edit my previous message, so I have to answer to myself. Never mind, I think there was some bug. Checked again, CarPlay works via cable as well.

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
Hi everyone

Was wondering if is it possive to code active background light option using obdeleven, in a 2020 Leon St first edition Fr.

thanks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.