sopamwre

Jul 26, 2024
hello guys can anyone help me to install toolbox in seat ibiza fr 2018
i have MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0468T with one sd no navigiation system
i try with MMC but something is going wrong when i conect to my laptop

Aug 3, 2024
i actually did it via solderless method
I just made an account, just to reply to you :D
Can you please explain how you did it, Russian explanations on drive2 are hard to understand.
If its not hard for you to write it here, I would ask you to do it, otherwise I would like to send you a email how to do it.

sopamwre

Jul 26, 2024
Can you please explain how you did it, Russian explanations on drive2 are hard to understand.
If its not hard for you to write it here, I would ask you to do it, otherwise I would like to send you a email how to do it.
What unit do you have mate

Reactions: t7ank

sopamwre

Jul 26, 2024
If it’s not hard for you to write it here, I would ask you to do it, otherwise I would like to send you a email how to do it.
Hi mate what unit do you have

Reactions: t7ank
Sep 5, 2024
Good afternoon,
I am the owner of a Leon 5F with the following infotainment system:

5QA035846
Hardware: H24
Software: 0241

Navigation database (just updated): V03959821AL 2110 ECE DL1 2024

Codec Media: 2101.0.0.8

I kindly ask You to tell me where to download the most updated firmware file for my car model.

I remain at your disposal if you need more information,
thank you for the answer and have a good evening!

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpeg
    IMG_1453.jpeg
    575.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1454.jpeg
    IMG_1454.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 21

Tell

Staff member
Good afternoon,
I am the owner of a Leon 5F with the following infotainment system:

5QA035846
Hardware: H24
Software: 0241

Navigation database (just updated): V03959821AL 2110 ECE DL1 2024

Codec Media: 2101.0.0.8

I kindly ask You to tell me where to download the most updated firmware file for my car model.

I remain at your disposal if you need more information,
thank you for the answer and have a good evening!
253T

Guest, guest

Mind you the login drives me crazy at times and the enthusiast library site of firmware gets very busy. You pick a time when you think people won't be using it.

Sep 5, 2024
253T

Guest, guest

Mind you the login drives me crazy at times and the enthusiast library site of firmware gets very busy. You pick a time when you think people won't be using it.
Thank you for the answer! The others newest version aren’t useful for my car so?
Is there a risk updating my firmware with the 253T version?
Sorry for the questions, but I’m worried about it because one of my friend have tried to update map navigator for the attached version and now he has problems with using the entire infotainment. It shut down and it doesn’t works for minutes… now even don’t open it… He tried to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and it worked for a few minutes later, before turning off again... how could he fix it?

Attachments

• 541ef2d4-40d3-44ce-97c6-5b773aeade8b.jpeg
    541ef2d4-40d3-44ce-97c6-5b773aeade8b.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 19

Tell

Staff member
Thank you for the answer! The others newest version aren’t useful for my car so?
Is there a risk updating my firmware with the 253T version?
Sorry for the questions, but I’m worried about it because one of my friend have tried to update map navigator for the attached version and now he has problems with using the entire infotainment. It shut down and it doesn’t works for minutes… now even don’t open it… He tried to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and it worked for a few minutes later, before turning off again... how could he fix it?
You keep the engine running or a battery charger on. Reboots a few times. You have to keep within train, you are on the 2* train hence the recommendation. I suspect your friend went down a rabbit hole with the mib2 standard toolkit.

Map updates for a mib2 standard will cause you know problems with the workaround. Mib2 high you need the long life FeCs. Mib2 standard If you fiddle with the toolbox rather than overall.nds trick I can see you'd mess it up why I say for the mib2 standard just use the workaround, don't try to be clever using the toolbox.

This section

If a MAC is used CleanMyDrive is run against the SD card after the maps are copied across to the SD card.

Having identified which unzipping tool is required and special Mac SD card cleaning required... free to proceed.

Steps:

1. Download the latest standard MIB2 maps
  2. on the infotainment go to settings, safely remove, sd1 card
  3. remove sd1 card from glove box slot
  4. long press on the on / off to reboot it a couple of times
  5. insert sd card in to computer
  6. copy and paste all contents to a directory on your computer
  7. Format the SD card keep it as fat32 and leave format settings as default in file explorer (don't forget to push the card lock mechanism to off) (ditto in a MAC or delete all from the SD card)
  8. Copy the new downloaded map version to the SD card (after unzipping it)
  9. Replace /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with the one from the original SD card
  10. eject the sd card (on a MAC run CleanMyDrive on the SD card - then eject)
  11. Inserted the card into the card 1 slot in glove box whilst infotainment is off
  12. power on and go to navigation
Also links to the latest maps.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
@Tell

Can I ask you why you specifically mention SD slot 1 and insert the SD card when the device is turned off? Because I don't know of any reason for that.

As a supplement, the current card no longer fits on the 16GB SD, even with the language trick.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2024
You keep the engine running or a battery charger on. Reboots a few times. You have to keep within train, you are on the 2* train hence the recommendation. I suspect your friend went down a rabbit hole with the mib2 standard toolkit.

Map updates for a mib2 standard will cause you know problems with the workaround. Mib2 high you need the long life FeCs. Mib2 standard If you fiddle with the toolbox rather than overall.nds trick I can see you'd mess it up why I say for the mib2 standard just use the workaround, don't try to be clever using the toolbox.

This section

If a MAC is used CleanMyDrive is run against the SD card after the maps are copied across to the SD card.

Having identified which unzipping tool is required and special Mac SD card cleaning required... free to proceed.

Steps:

1. Download the latest standard MIB2 maps
  2. on the infotainment go to settings, safely remove, sd1 card
  3. remove sd1 card from glove box slot
  4. long press on the on / off to reboot it a couple of times
  5. insert sd card in to computer
  6. copy and paste all contents to a directory on your computer
  7. Format the SD card keep it as fat32 and leave format settings as default in file explorer (don't forget to push the card lock mechanism to off) (ditto in a MAC or delete all from the SD card)
  8. Copy the new downloaded map version to the SD card (after unzipping it)
  9. Replace /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with the one from the original SD card
  10. eject the sd card (on a MAC run CleanMyDrive on the SD card - then eject)
  11. Inserted the card into the card 1 slot in glove box whilst infotainment is off
  12. power on and go to navigation
Also links to the latest maps.
Good morning,
Maybe I explained myself badly.
The 2018 Seat Leon Xperience infotainment (device number 5QA035846A, hardware H30 and software 0359) has startup problems after using maybe the wrong map update on the SD card.
I would need to understand if there is the possibility of restoring and/or updating the infotainment system even though the infotainment itself does not always turn on and does not react. Is there a method to reset the infotainment system remotely?

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Incorrect map material on the SD card does not normally damage the navigation system. If it starts and you can use it, have you tried resetting it to factory settings?

Reactions: Tell
Sep 5, 2024
Incorrect map material on the SD card does not normally damage the navigation system. If it starts and you can use it, have you tried resetting it to factory settings?
The maps worked for a few days, after which the navigator started restarting on its own, every now and then turning off the screen and running in the background (without the possibility of a touch screen) and now not restarting at all.
In one of the last starts we tried to do a factory reset but it shut down before we could do it.
Is it possible to do it in remote control?

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
For me, that's more of an unfortunate coincidence. In my opinion, the device has simply become defective. Should I just take it to a service provider to repair it?

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Yes the mib2 standard firmware isn't the bees knees it allows memory mismanagement we did get it once in the Arona. I pinned it down. That was due to embedded JPEGs in the music file being played in the unit. They are suppose to be circa 512x512. You would not expect a large jpeg breaking that parameter to reboot the system.

First I thought it was a corrupt mapcard. Pulled it out, tried another one I'd got, same issue. Not the map card. Next tried it without playing the SD music card, it worked. Then pinned it down to a track / album. It was off the net someone had embedded a 1,000 x 1,000 jpeg image in the track. Well fine on a home system but not on a mib2 standard where the programmer hadn't made an allowance for that. You'd go can I load this image into memory, yes/no. No don't load it in. They had gone yes and had produced memory overflow where it crashes the system.

This issue will come up on mp3 and FLAC libraries. There are programs you can run to delete the embedded jpeg and then put your own image as say cover.jpg in the album directory no bigger than 512×512. I've got a post where I name that program on the board, it was used a lot in the past.

I cover my problem here and solution:

It might be that issue. You have to see whether it reboots not playing music but just navigation. No music or navigation. If rebooting on navigation alone it will be a corrupt SD card. Buy another VAG one. Any brand.

You can put the unit in demo for navigation, under advanced. Engine off and just wait for the unit to reboot. That's what I did in the diagnosis of the issue going through those alternatives.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.