• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

MyCupra app

Mar 11, 2023
Hi,

MyCupra app is not working, i get always Too many requests from user error. Car Formentor 2022 is connected and privacy is correct. Hwt i did so far:
re-installed the app on my smartphone, logged out and logged in the car and the app.
any idea or help please.

Thanks

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Unless you have a phev, just don't bother. It's not very useful, runs like you're on dial up broadband, and you won't miss it when your licence expires. I don't!

Reactions: minstrelxbox

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
The new My Cupra app seems absolutely woeful. Driving Data is unreadable, changing display units in burried under 'Account', and that's just about all I've tried to do. Can't get back into the old app either now, perhaps once you've used the new one, you can't login to the old app.

Reactions: Cupra306Form
Mar 11, 2023
The new My Cupra app seems absolutely woeful. Driving Data is unreadable, changing display units in burried under 'Account', and that's just about all I've tried to do. Can't get back into the old app either now, perhaps once you've used the new one, you can't login to the old app.
At least you can login. My app does nothing

EdwinV

Feb 7, 2022
The new My Cupra app is working fine here in The Netherlands. Much faster than the old app. A downside is that there is no security on the app when you open it. Everyone can open it.

Mar 11, 2023
The new My Cupra app is working fine here in The Netherlands. Much faster than the old app. A downside is that there is no security on the app when you open it. Everyone can open it.
I’m also from the Netherlands, the app is not working at all.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Driving data - utterly useless, doesn’t fit the screen - on iPhone SE or iPad, numbers wrap to line below, data and buttons are off the screen - can’t resize or scroll the screen.

Was this designed by a 5 year old?

• Haha
Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Driving data - utterly useless, doesn’t fit the screen - on iPhone SE or iPad, numbers wrap to line below, data and buttons are off the screen - can’t resize or scroll the screen.

Have worked out what the five year old failed to do - to take into account Dynamic Text Sizing on the iPhone, so if you make the text larger than default the Driving Data page can't handle the larger font size , lines fall off the screen and the chart fails to scale correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022

You said Designed 🤣🤣

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Have worked out what the five year old failed to do - to take into account Dynamic Text Sizing on the iPhone, so if you make the text larger than default the Driving Data page can't handle the larger font size , lines fall off the screen and the chart fails to scale correctly.
Screen shots

As it is with text size increased, note the top row (distance and time) missing, data select button at bottom missing, graph scale wrong.

IMG_0096.PNG

As it should be (with text size set to nominal). In addition: Where's the end time of the trip as per previous app? Why does it show 313.9 mpg when car and previous app always shows 300mpg for an EV only trip?

IMG_0097.PNG

Milomoo

Jul 4, 2024
Hi,

MyCupra app is not working, i get always Too many requests from user error. Car Formentor 2022 is connected and privacy is correct. Hwt i did so far:
re-installed the app on my smartphone, logged out and logged in the car and the app.
any idea or help please.

Thanks
I have had similar problems with the My Cupra app. Cupra Connect customer support sent me this info. It has worked for me 👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 104

EdwinV

Feb 7, 2022
Screen shots

As it is with text size increased, note the top row (distance and time) missing, data select button at bottom missing, graph scale wrong.

View attachment 43172

As it should be (with text size set to nominal). In addition: Where's the end time of the trip as per previous app? Why does it show 313.9 mpg when car and previous app always shows 300mpg for an EV only trip?

View attachment 43173
Exactly the page in the app that I never use 🙈
When you look at it quickly everything seems fine, but looking closer I see it's missing graphs of days that I used the car and I have to scroll up and down to see the date at the bottom or the mpg scale at the top.
When I change the units from km to mi it gets even worse... the vertical scal show -2937298372983 en -3273927343 numbers :think:

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
How do you tell that the car is locked in the new app? Lock and unlock works, but the old app reported lock status - can't see it on the new app.

Milomoo

Jul 4, 2024
The new app shows the car unlocked. I guess when it’s locked, there’s nothing to report.

Attachments

• IMG_3706.jpeg
    IMG_3706.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: dashnine
Oct 16, 2023
Hello to everyone. Does the new app inform you on when your Formentor is fully charged for the eHybrids? I found out that on the new app this notification is active only for the fully electric models. Is that correct?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Hello to everyone. Does the new app inform you on when your Formentor is fully charged for the eHybrids? I found out that on the new app this notification is active only for the fully electric models. Is that correct?
I don't think it does, no. Or at least I've not seen one, but my phones notification settings are a bit messed up.