• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Back from holiday today, first thing I did was go and look at what is printed on my glass. Wife thought I’d gone mad.
My yellow car is all ‘4’ apart from one of the rear Quarter windows which is a number 3.
Doesn’t look any different looking at it so that makes sense if it’s year of manufacture. It must have been changed at some point.
Also my grey car which is a 55 plate, all glass has a number 5 so this backs that up what Dan says above.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
National Tyres had a deal on tyres so i replaced all 4 as they were not much on them and if i left it i may of missed the deal on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6 £340 fitted

Reactions: Nathan penney

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Good deal.
It is for the AS6 also that was cheaper than the AS2 i bought years ago that were replaced, never thought a AS6 deal would come up as its always AS4 or AS5, was looking at Bridgestone's around a month ago around 370 ATS i think, if you buy from a site then get them fit the going rate is around £20 a tyre now so its the only option theses days..

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
“Why do you need two Leon’s?”
BC93AF16-2FBF-4BF1-92A7-2E662DE3FAD0.jpeg

So that one can give the other a helping hand when it’s feeling a little weary!
After a few weeks parked up battery was flat and without its car cover on i discovered a good old wet drivers footwell. :rolleyes:
Door card off, slackened two bottom bolts, fingers underneath, yip usual place to find drips.
I have butyl tape in my stock so sorted this afternoon.
Not made easy by a previous owner using silicone. Took ages to get it all off.
Soaked up most of the water and now dehumidifier plugged in and in the car.
Can stay like that for a couple of days.
34A34A84-FC1C-4DB5-856D-BBAD37B46FE2.jpeg

This was the state of the silicone, can’t really see it but it wasn’t even forming a seal. Lol
Think It’s first time I’ve left it out in the rain without the cover on.
Thankfully it was just that one that had the puddle on the sill but I’ll do the other 3 as a precaution when I get time. If that door is anything to go by it’s only a matter of time.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
“Why do you need two Leon’s?”
View attachment 37718
So that one can give the other a helping hand when it’s feeling a little weary!
After a few weeks parked up battery was flat and without its car cover on i discovered a good old wet drivers footwell. :rolleyes:
Door card off, slackened two bottom bolts, fingers underneath, yip usual place to find drips.
I have butyl tape in my stock so sorted this afternoon.
Not made easy by a previous owner using silicone. Took ages to get it all off.
Soaked up most of the water and now dehumidifier plugged in and in the car.
Can stay like that for a couple of days.
View attachment 37719
This was the state of the silicone, can’t really see it but it wasn’t even forming a seal. Lol
Think It’s first time I’ve left it out in the rain without the cover on.
Thankfully it was just that one that had the puddle on the sill but I’ll do the other 3 as a precaution when I get time. If that door is anything to go by it’s only a matter of time.
You need two Leons because they look totally awesome! 👍
... Funny, on Reddit today they were letting rip at Leon Cupra & FR owners. Apparently, we are all bellends, drive in a hurry (meaning we have acceleration lol) we're teenage twats with ugly cars. Seems they don't like us 😞
I know it's jealousy really 😉

Reactions: Nathan penney

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
... Funny, on Reddit today they were letting rip at Leon Cupra & FR owners. Apparently, we are all bellends, drive in a hurry (meaning we have acceleration lol) we're teenage twats with ugly cars. Seems they don't like us 😞
Last summer a big black dude in a blacked out Merc just gave me a thumbs up and a nod of respect at the traffic lights. The wife was very confused.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
You need two Leons because they look totally awesome!
... Funny, on Reddit today they were letting rip at Leon Cupra & FR owners. Apparently, we are all bellends, drive in a hurry (meaning we have acceleration lol) we're teenage twats with ugly cars. Seems they don't like us
I know it's jealousy really

Lol. Had a guy 2 weeks back, stop and tell me the car was dope!!

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
😂

Reactions: BadBoy03

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Lol. Had a guy 2 weeks back, stop and tell me the car was dope!!

I had someone asking me about mine and having a look round it at a petrol station a few weeks ago.
He was in a discovery 2 with a huge lift on the suspension.
Maybe he was weighing up if he could drive over it. :unsure::eek::ROFLMAO:

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Anyone heading to this Pistonheads event? https://www.pistonheads.com/events/ph25 (12th August, Bicester)
They we're looking for a SEAT Leon Cupra R to be in the display of cars. I wondered who the lucky owner might be (mine was rejected). Anyhow I'll be going along to look at cars I can't afford :)
I’d have liked to have gone but it’s our 17th wedding anniversary the same date so don’t think that would go down very well with the wife. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: g60stu

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
6814E0BC-64B0-4A52-A3F5-6DE27A9E9FF3.jpeg

How much water in the dehumidifier after two days in the car with one damp footwell?
2 inches! That was after I’d soaked some up with nappies.
It wasn’t even that wet. 💦

• Wow
Reactions: Nam-uk

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Os Brembos para a vitoria.
Fixe!

É verdade! Agora que voltou para as minhas mãos é hora de colocá-lo novamente à altura.

I wish I had learn before that this piston is rotateable clockwise - lost one day just trying to push it in with brute force! Shame on me.
1691190919745.png

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise