• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

what have you done to your car today ?

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
The alarm has been going off at random times - 04:15 one day, 00:00 then 05:20 the next - I thought I was in for a big bill but turns out the rear window was ajar by a couple of inches!!!!
Easy fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha...a feel good moment 😁

Reactions: bruceR

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Opened the door. Discovered this. I’m assuming it came from under the seat. Is it easy to fit back on?
View attachment 37374
Lesson learned - don’t look at your 20year old car - something will break.

Think every Leon made has spat one of those springs out.
Hilarious

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Fitted new 096 battery. £72 delivered. Exide carbon, 70Ah, 720cca,
Next time I go on holiday, I WILL remember to unplug the Sat-Nav.
Modern batteries are very unforgiving of being totally flattened.

Luckily it had travel bungs fitted, the courier handed it to me upside down. :rolleyes:🇦🇺
Not that the sender had bothered with putting "this way up" on the parcel.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
The alarm has been going off at random times - 04:15 one day, 00:00 then 05:20 the next - I thought I was in for a big bill but turns out the rear window was ajar by a couple of inches!!!!
Easy fix

Before the Leon, I had a Renault Laguna and the alarm was faulty and would go off if someone opened the door in that split second between the doors unlocking and the alarm disarming. It wouldn't switch off - I was driving round Bournemouth once with the alarm going off and nothing I did would stop it.

So now I have PTSD and every single time something happens, there's that horrible 'is this going to be expensive?' sinking feeling.

So good when you find out it's your fault and it takes a second to fix.

Reactions: bruceR

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Pumped up the flat spare tyre.
Soapy watered it.
It's busy blowing teeny weeny bubbles at the tyre to alloy joint.
Why are nearly all tyre fitters, utter muppets?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Soapy watered it.
Facts - I had 2 new tyres fitted on my A3 daily car at the weekend and the useless tw@t took chunks out of both of the rims... all 4 were mint prior to my visit as I'd had them all refurbished about 5 months ago.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

• Angry
Reactions: MoToJoJo

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Soapy watered it.
I had two new Michelin pilot sports fitted to my octavia a month ago. I’ve been back twice to get them rebalanced. The steering still vibrates at bang on 70mph. 🙄

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Facts - I had 2 new tyres fitted on my A3 daily car at the weekend and the useless tw@t took chunks out of both of the rims... all 4 were mint prior to my visit as I'd had them all refurbished about 5 months ago.

Hope you stripped his car down before you left 🤫😁

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I had two new Michelin pilot sports fitted to my octavia a month ago. I’ve been back twice to get them rebalanced. The steering still vibrates at bang on 70mph. 🙄
Might be worth checking the inner cv joints where the driveshafts go into the gearbox. They can cause vibrations at certain speeds when worn.

Reactions: BadBoy03

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
You forgot the rattle of them airgunning your wheel nuts to one million footpounds.
Then the click of the torque wrench at the correct specified value.
Kill them all.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
I did witness someone trying to undo wheel bolts (including a locking one) with a breaker bar and scaff tube... never have I seen a breaker bar snap before, was quite impressive. Tyre shops can be the wild wild west at times

Last edited:
Reactions: iammooks

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I always take any nice wheels I have to a place that sells alloy wheels as a core part of their business. It increases the chances that they have good kit and treat the wheels with respect. But that comes at a cost and time hassle that we don’t always have the luxury of.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Hope you stripped his car down before you left
Wishful thinking but I did kick up a fuss as I inpected the car closely before leaving as I'd already been made to wait excessively and mid wait someone came out to me to say they were struggling to seat the beads on the rims which was immediately a red flag.
I'm now in the process of complaint and having them sorted which is a huge inconvenience.

Reactions: BadBoy03

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I did witness someone trying to undo wheel bolts (including a locking one) with a breaker bar and scaff tube... never have I seen a breaker bar snap before, was quite impressive. Tyre shops caan be the wild wild west at times

You must have seen me helping my neighbour. I'm not light and it wouldn't budge with me stood on the thing. He'd already broken his own breaker bar.

12ft scaffolding pole did the trick.

Some people who work on cars really hate cars.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
You must have seen me helping my neighbour. I'm not light and it wouldn't budge with me stood on the thing. He'd already broken his own breaker bar.

12ft scaffolding pole did the trick.

Some people who work on cars really hate cars.

I'd be in favour of the death penalty for anyone using impact guns to tighten wheel nuts.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.