MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
If mine is anything to go by, it’s already in Barcelona but hasn’t been allocated a ship just yet. Pegasus Ace is the next to arrive so hopefully we’ll be on that one.

I dont think we will exactly find out what ship they were or are on until the vehicles arrive in UK port

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
One of the things I like about the Cupra are the pops and crackles from the exhaust on overrun as well at the crack you get on gearshift; with the GPF in place as well as the ECU modifications to suit WLTP, I doubt you'll get any of that anymore and it’ll sound like a whisper quiet diesel SE. Again, I'm not really happy with Seat as they changed the exhaust from the Cupra 280 to 290 for the better by removing a silencer just after the central resonator and changed the internal design for the rear silencer to make it louder – they also changed the ECU mapping to increase the overrun and gearshift noises. Now, they’ve changed the spec that we ordered and made it worse!! These interim Frankenstein build MY18 to MY19 Cupras are going to have a terrible residual value as they are now an anomaly – I’m so glad that’s not my worry! All those on PCP are going to have a surprise in 3 years time when there’s a shortfall in value…

Well done Seat…well done.
If your on PCP and it looses to much value, just hand it back and walk away at the end of the term.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
The ships can only hold so many cars. Production will be at full speed and there will be a back log of cars being released which means to many cars not enough space on the boats.

There is going to be delays on getting them moving.

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
The ships can only hold so many cars. Production will be at full speed and there will be a back log of cars being released which means to many cars not enough space on the boats.

There is going to be delays on getting them moving.
SEAT should be buying another boat to hurry the **** up then if they value their customers!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Quote from autocar reads a bit concerning regarding the sound especially when you relate it to the 290 hatch

“The 296bhp 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine can slingshot the Cupra Ateca from 0-62mph in just 5.2sec and onto a top speed of 152mph, numbers which, incidentally, embarrass an entry-level Porsche Macan and are a close match for our favourite hot hatch, the Honda Civic Type R.
It’s just a pity the Cupra doesn’t sound a bit more enthusiastic; there’s no grin-inducting engine roar when you put your foot down, nor is there any popping or cracking from the exhaust.”
Watched a clip of the Ateca.

Its not in English but the first few seconds are all you need to hear.

Not suggesting anything about the Leon though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: BipedalMale

penyfai

Feb 4, 2018
Customer Services said my ST 4Drive (grey, seat sound & boot net divider) is confirmed for BW42. But they wouldn't say what specification I'm getting (as ordered/or what was in Scrogg's BW42 post) because they hadn't been told when in BW42 the transition would be made. Apparently the dealer will hear first and let me know. Not expecting much based on past experience...

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
From what others are saying about conversations with SEAT I'd say it's unlikely.

But at the same time it would be a pain in the ass to have cars with so much variety for insurance and tax purposes etc

Thats what i think, a right pain in the ass, i cant see them making 100 or so Cupra’s being a 290 with a 6 speed as all the fuel economy and performance figures will be incorrect

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Thats what i think, a right pain in the ass, i cant see them making 100 or so Cupra’s being a 290 with a 6 speed as all the fuel economy and performance figures will be incorrect

Doesn’t make sense!

Like you said it will require all the new WLTP testing done with the 7speed DSG box before they release the vehicles for delivery. ‍♂️ = more waiting time for customer

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
I've consulted my crystal ball

SEAT are going to decide to put all the cupras on the next ship so we can all be happy.

The boat sinks.

No casualties, except all our cars drown.

SEAT quote an extra 5 months on top for delivery of replacements.

What does everyone do now?

Reactions: Jordan McCabe
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.