what have you done to your car today ?

Ryanisadipper

My exhaust decat downpipe came today! And also got a splitter r dump valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireproofbob

Fitted Sony head unit (Sony MEX-BT3100U) and wow what a difference in sound quality and with the amplified ariel im picking up stations really far away! Very happy and the red display matches the dash :D:D:D

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Fitted the black front chrome 'S' surround and also replaced the mirror covers with black ones:

IMAG1536.jpg

IMAG1534.jpg

IMAG1540.jpg

Joell

Oct 21, 2013
Not necessarily today but recently had boost gauge wired in and oil pressure part wired in.
a2eba2a2.jpg

The Swede

Viking
Nov 23, 2013
North of the wall
Had the worst day....

Went for a drive to make sure she was ready for MOT and this lorry in front of me decided to go offroading, kicked up some dirt and rocks one of which hit my left fog light and smashed the glass. :h
There goes the MOT.

So I went by the scrappers and luckily got hold of a by the looks brand new fog and bulb for almost nothing.
Drove off to go home and replace it and my EML comes on. Scanned it (had a cheapo scanner in the car) and up comes a 17745, probably a vacuum leak. :banghead2

Came home, had a look at the usual suspects but found nothing. Checked the oil since I was in there anyway and found the dipstick tube was loose. So I figured the scrappers were good to me once already and since they were the only shop open on a sunday, I went there again to see what they could find. This time I got hold of a brand new tube and stick still in it's original packaging they gave me for free.

Went home and swapped out the fog and dipstick tube.
Since the sun was out and it's warm as hell (yesterday was spent with a couple cold ones in the sun) I decided to throw on the summer wheels. (In sweden we are required by law to use winter tires dec 1 - mar 31))

Now I knew for a fact that the bolts would be tight as hell since the place where I bought new winter tires decided to do me a favor and put the winter wheels on even though I specifically told them only to put the rubber on the wheels...
I didn't expect them to use rusty old bolts and mount them with the air tool of satan though... [:@]
ZGbeNbJ.jpg

There goes my only extension socket that doesn't scratch my wheels. Great!
So I went by my parents and borrowed my dads set of sockets, managed to find one that just about fit without rubbing on the alloys.

All is well until I fit the last wheel and let it off the cheapo jack and find that the last wheel is almost out of air, nowhere near drivable. Off comes the wheel and since I'm such a viking I just throw it on my shoulder and sprint to the nearest service station (about a mile from my home) :funk:

I come back only to find this...
VJyeQvE.jpg

:banghead:
Good thing I put that spare wheel there, saved my front discs! Too bad the jack got squashed between the car and the wheel. My one and only cheapo crapo jack.
When I left the car it was in gear, handbrake pulled and wheels blocking the rear wheels both in front and behind, there was no wind and we don't have earthquakes in Sweden so how the h... I'm thinking some c**t came along and kicked it over. I swear to god if...

That put a nice dent in my dirty but otherwise shiny little sh*tbox.
Borrowed another jack and lifted it under the frame just enough to pull my mangled jack out, lift the car back up and put the wheel on.
Then my brother calls and asks me to drive him to the hospital, he thinks his foot is broken. We're supposed to go snowboarding in Trysil (norway) in two weeks. :censored:

Shouldn't have gone for that sunny sunday drive, should I?

Last edited:

pjmdevo

Okay I'm a little late, this happened on friday: :drive2:

a 7.5 tonne lorry pulled out in front of me.

End result:

Leon RIP

Car is ruined, thankfully only minor injuries for those involved. I have a Fractured sternum and some bruising

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.