what have you done to your car today ?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Found out that rear spring had snapped, on the + side I had a new set of Eibach Sportline springs fitted :D
MOT carried out and all good for another year :whistle:

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Had a window regulator fitted and four coil packs diagnosed as needing changing. Well two of them needed changing so just had them all changed.

Just waiting on some brembo discs and the car should be in good standard condition. Then I might start thinking about mods....

LCR Craig

Feb 23, 2014
glasgow
Damn fine work!

Thanks bud car still not finished yet just been doing what I can in between working , don' t have a spare 3-4 days for a full 3 stage correction , cleansing glaze to remove the oils from the polish then seal and a wax , so just being doing a few panels at a time .

rcky89

Jul 24, 2013
West Sussex
Sealed up the wiring loom box as im sure the leak was from there. Now wait till the weekend and dry my carpets if the weather is ok...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Thanks bud car still not finished yet just been doing what I can in between working , don' t have a spare 3-4 days for a full 3 stage correction , cleansing glaze to remove the oils from the polish then seal and a wax , so just being doing a few panels at a time .

That's impressive mate, I love how well black shines up! What did you use on the seats?

LCR Craig

Feb 23, 2014
glasgow
That's impressive mate, I love how well black shines up! What did you use on the seats?

I use some chemical guys nonsense in a wetvac , about an inch of nonsense in the wetvac topped up with water , soaked the seats and gave them a good scrub with a brush and sucked all the dirty water out and that's how they came up , the stuff that came out the seats was disgusting , don't know how the previous owner could drive about with seats so dirty .

Also the nonsense has no smell to it so when the seats dry there is no smell afterwards .

Thought I may as well do them while the seats were out as my doors were getting sealed up .

Also for anyone wondering what I used to machine polish the car with , I used chemical guys v34 compound with an orange hex logic pad , v36 polish with a white hex logic pad and v38 finishing polish with a black hex logic pad , I just gave those panels a quick layer of chemical guys black wax until the whole car is done and then il seal it with jetseal 109 and put 2 coats of chemical guys E-zyme wax on it.

mm23

Sep 12, 2013
Blue

Rangers fan!? Well nice,finish it all off ,theres a link on here somewhere where and how a cupra owner blued up the dash cluster ,dainty bit of soldering!

mm23

Sep 12, 2013
Auction cupra

Nearly finished, bought a leather gear knob cover £6 ebay took a while to fit. Silver ring is a biatch gently prize, flat screwdriver 1/4 turn pops off,looks mint. Fitted new maf sensor next the final nightmare replace leaking hose, hoses. Then love my cupra a bit more:D whooosh

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington

Looks like an actual mirror mate!!!

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Rangers fan!? Well nice,finish it all off ,theres a link on here somewhere where and how a cupra owner blued up the dash cluster ,dainty bit of soldering!

Rangers, no.... Norwich City if anything, not that in to footy though to be honest. As for the guy doing this on a Cupra, i had a word with him before i started this... inspirational work. :) (Guide for the cluster & End Game) The instrument cluster will be my worst nightmare though as it'll take my car off the road. :(

That looks smart as mate .

Cheers dude. :) Work in progress...

Just noticed... i should really update my avatar and sig... that's my old Cupra lol.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members