What did you and your MK2 do today?

Robban

Oct 15, 2011
Växjö, Sweden
Picked up my diffuser and additional part on the bumper from the paint shop. The colour ended up gloss black and the result was perfect.
Tomorrow I will glue the parts together.
Just wait for the delivery of my BCS system (sport version twin pipes UK style).

Robert

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
So after an early start (at mc Donald's) we set about ripping apart the front end.
Bumper
Crash bar
Headlights
Front panel
Air conditioning condenser
Intercooler
Wheel arch liner

Always knew it would get worse before it got better

Found the air condenser is trashed as well so that's a job to be done before the summer as I couldn't justify another 200+ for something that won't be used for a few months.

Replaced the intercooler then started the rebuild with nice new parts. had to modify the front panel slightly to fit the btcc bumper but it all went well.

Fitted the new arch liner which was a COMPLETE pain in the arse! Then chucked the wheels back on, fitted the grills and took her off jacks.

And the finished product...yes that's right, back to how it was a month ago haha.

Only difference with this is that it has different grills which look so much better so will show them off when I have cleaned her and get some nice new pictures.

Long day well spent I think!

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
You've left some dirty metal things attached to the top of the car! ;)

Looking good though...well done on the repair job!

Haha very true. Maybe I was going for the euro look... Or maybe there was no other way I could fit all the bits into the car haha

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Just fly-eyed my fogs, simple job. Wanted to do headlights but think I would make a better job with them off the car so will do them later on this month hopefully.

65D4FC90-34AE-47C3-BF6A-AA757C4062A0.jpg

E6DEFC9F-7939-4639-B2F7-4B1B9A67B8CE.jpg

Excuse the state of the car, hasn't been washed since October.

Robbo-K1

Oct 18, 2013
Hull
Oooo looks great that Rob! You really are the headlight master :p

I soooo wanna do the daylight running lights to my K1 like in your pic.
Wanna do em for me? :p I'll pay! Haha

[M]ike

Oct 9, 2013
Under the sea
Refitted my Revo induction kit today. Fixed some of the issues that the heatshield didn't fit properly. I also noticed the pipe is rubbing against the break fluid filler cap which isn't a good thing since the engine will move a bit. Will be making a mounting bracket that sits a bit higher so the pipe will clear the filler cap. Also going to make a heat shield above the turbo in between the induction pipe and use the original engine cover mounting bolts.

d2cf643d-a4b9-4f08-8037-fcd75ac68409.jpg

Robban

Oct 15, 2011
Växjö, Sweden
[M]ike;4338915 said:
Refitted my Revo induction kit today. Fixed some of the issues that the heatshield didn't fit properly. I also noticed the pipe is rubbing against the break fluid filler cap which isn't a good thing since the engine will move a bit. Will be making a mounting bracket that sits a bit higher so the pipe will clear the filler cap. Also going to make a heat shield above the turbo in between the induction pipe and use the original engine cover mounting bolts.

That's bad!
The REVO kit is quite expensive and since their are a major tuner, this should not be accepted.
Robert

Last edited:

[M]ike

Oct 9, 2013
Under the sea
Well, in the end I think it could all have been solved if I had made the bracket where the red circle is marked. If it sits 15mm higher it should all be fine. But indeed, it should fit better without these adjustments to be honest. Not sure if anyone els has this problem that the pipe sits on top of the break fluid cap?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
[M]ike;4338915 said:

How come they moved the brake fluid reservoir on the FL cars?