What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Been looking at lowering my FR, anyone got an ideas on some good coil overs and how much it cost you?

Just think it would make it look a lot better looks like it's on stilts at the moment.

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone

I have AP coil overs. Cost £430, then paid £150 for fitting and alignment.
a9y5upu2.jpg

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
managed to get the tailgate 90% fitted today,

for anyone wanting to do it, some bits are different

firstly the wiring loom works all the parts on the fl tailgate, how ever the upper brake light wire needs extending as they changed the location of the plug, speaking of the light that has to be new too and there £30

next the mount for the gas strut is different aswell it must be shorter, so i need to order that.

i currently dont know if the rear panel fits either lol,

im kinda stuck now till i get bits, so final adjustment will be done when they all arrive, the o/s isnt flush yet but the n/s is

here are some pics:

IMAG0418 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

IMAG0426 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

IMAG0428 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

IMAG0430 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

jake

I've changed my boot too mate and you will need a different inner panel :(

newtimecupra

Sep 9, 2010
tunbridge wells
Yesterday I fitted parking sensors to my Cupra as the mrs drives it every day I'd like to keep the rear without scratches haha bought a colour match kit for £14.95 at my local spares shop it's very good and easy to fit removed rear bumper too which was easy enough

a4uzuded.jpg

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
I know bud, all fitted up now. Not the cheapest of mods but really freshens the back end up. Next I need lights ;)

I still need to get mine sprayed but will do when I have the k1 kit done too, I have bought dectane rear lights instead I think they will look smart :)

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
I have AP coil overs. Cost £430, then paid £150 for fitting and alignment.
a9y5upu2.jpg

Cheers for picture.

Looks nicely sat. I think I'll need to save up for some of these or go for the big budget ones that Eck mentioned.

I saw a standard 61 plate Golf GTD company car at our carpark do they sit lower than the Leons or was it just my eyesight getting worse?

Would the springs off one of those fit mine?

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
I have KW V3 coilovers on mine but there not cheap at over £1k a set. There awesome tho.

It all depends on what kind of use the car will get and what your budget is.

Thanks for reply.

If I had something like a Cupra I would go for something like this I think. Would suit it a lot better imo.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Cheers for picture.

Looks nicely sat. I think I'll need to save up for some of these or go for the big budget ones that Eck mentioned.

I saw a standard 61 plate Golf GTD company car at our carpark do they sit lower than the Leons or was it just my eyesight getting worse?

Would the springs off one of those fit mine?

Not sure about the springs off the golf fitting yours. You could just get Eibach Sportline/Pro springs or H&R springs. You're looking around £180-£200 for them and then fitting.

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
Just upgraded and fitted front and rear indicators to leds looks better also my vag com arrived today too so afyer shes had a wash il have a fiddle around with that and try and code my rear led tail lights in and a few more adaptations

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
I was wondering if anyone has seen any lights similar to these?

I was wondering if they is a UK company that could make them, and also do you think I would have to change anything or would they just plug straight in?

I think they look nice and it's something different.

2723_1.jpg

2723_2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVcLYXV0el0

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It's 379.8 bhp and 392 lbs gt torque on advanced v3.31 settings. Hoping for the 400 mark :) but been told it could be more

Think v3.4 is out ;)

Are APR offering mapping for the LOBA turbo? i was under the impression the only turbo's they will map is their own kit.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Fair play, as mine is a daily still id rather stay away from development and just use off the shelf stuff but fair play for trying new stuff.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Anyone interested in taking some leon headlight covers off my hands? Not sure if FL and pre FL covers are any different but they were for my FL leon. I bought a new set to use with my HIDs when I owned the car so they do have a circular hole cut out for the bung to give a nice seal on it, better than putting the wires through the side as I found out.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.