New Leon finance questions

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Hi all, first post on the forum for me.

I'm not a SEAT owner yet but I'm considering using the PCP finance offer that SEAT are pushing at the moment to get a new Leon 1.2 SE with the technology pack. I've tried to run the maths and it seems to be a pretty good deal considering the extra kit, relatively low rate and the £1000 deposit contribution.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has bought using this deal:

1. Anyone who got the same model, what sort of balloon payment do you have?

2. Did anyone buying on PCP manage to negotiate the OTR price down a bit from £16.970 or maybe get some additional extras chucked in for free (e.g. I fancy the auto lights/wipers pack and metallic paint)? Is this something a dealer is likely to do?

Cheers!

steve67

look at drive the deal.
i'm looking at the mo and they have come back with a few tempting quotes.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
1500 deposit contribution and free tech pack is what dealers offer with 4.8 apr finance, also tells you balloon payments on seat web page

Last edited:

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
1500 deposit contribution and free tech pack is what dealers offer with 4.8 apr finance, also tells you balloon payments on seat web page

Yeah I saw that on the site. I was just wondering if anyone had any different results since the online one is just an example.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Think the examples based on 5000 miles per annum as well

I noticed even on pcp deals dealers quote different interest rates, i bought a demo model were as some were quoting silly aprs others were offering 6.9-7.9 apr

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Going to speak to a dealer today to get a quote. I hope it's close to the website example!

I had a look at drivethedeal.com and it was quoting just over £15k although it says the price includes a £1,100 discount which is conditional upon you taking out PCP finance, so it's a saving of around £950. I'll maybe take a printout with me and use it as a bargaining tool.

JohnNW

Also try Brokers4cars, they seem to be cheaper than DtD at the moment.

I've got a quote for a FR184 with a 20.5% discount. They don't use Seat finance and the APR is a couple of % higher, but it still worked out £30 cheaper per month than DtD.

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
So went to the dealer on Saturday and had a look at the car then went back today for a test drive. Got a good finance quote and the valuation I was looking for on my current car and signed on the dotted line!

I pick up my new 1.2 SE in red on Friday, can't wait!

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Also try Brokers4cars, they seem to be cheaper than DtD at the moment.

I've got a quote for a FR184 with a 20.5% discount. They don't use Seat finance and the APR is a couple of % higher, but it still worked out £30 cheaper per month than DtD.

Don't bother with Brokers4cars they are buying them in as hire cars and you won't be on the V5.

Barney3000

Yabba Dabba Doo
Jan 3, 2010
Peterborough
I picked up the new FR with near on 4k knocked off the list price because the dealer ordered in bulk. Then i got the 1k for finance too. Made one great purchase!

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Another random PCP finance question for you all (these numbers are hypothetical, btw)

If I take 10k finance and have a guaranteed future value of £6k after 36 months, my monthly payments are calculated based on the difference between those two figures (i.e. £4k) plus the interest charged on the whole £10k over the 36 months, right?

So if I then choose to immediately pay a lump sum of £4k to the finance company would my monthly payment then drop to cover just the interest on the remaining £6k for the next 3 years? (forgetting any admin charges of course).

Last edited:

steve67

Going to speak to a dealer today to get a quote. I hope it's close to the website example!

I had a look at drivethedeal.com and it was quoting just over £15k although it says the price includes a £1,100 discount which is conditional upon you taking out PCP finance, so it's a saving of around £950. I'll maybe take a printout with me and use it as a bargaining tool.

did you got through the full finance quote with dtd , if you proceed to the buy car page then click treat as a quote, they will call you back in a few days with a a dealer quote, mine was a lot cheaper than the web price ,
the only sticking point for me is the wife drives the car 90% of the time and she doesn't like the leon...:cry::cry:

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
did you got through the full finance quote with dtd , if you proceed to the buy car page then click treat as a quote, they will call you back in a few days with a a dealer quote, mine was a lot cheaper than the web price ,
the only sticking point for me is the wife drives the car 90% of the time and she doesn't like the leon...:cry::cry:

What is she/you driving at the moment?I have just changed my Golf 1.4 GT TSI mk 6 (61 plate) for a 1.8 TSI FR Leon. I am very happy with the comparison and the Leon drives much better!! And looks a LOT better!

steve67

What is she/you driving at the moment?I have just changed my Golf 1.4 GT TSI mk 6 (61 plate) for a 1.8 TSI FR Leon. I am very happy with the comparison and the Leon drives much better!! And looks a LOT better!

mk6 golf 1.6tdi match.:D.... taking a serious look at swapping in the new year, currently on a pcp so will change in six months or so...:think:

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
mk6 golf 1.6tdi match.:D.... taking a serious look at swapping in the new year, currently on a pcp so will change in six months or so...:think:

What Leon are you looking to change to?

You dont have to complete the full PCP. They are offering so much on the Leon right now and these may not last until next year. My PCP had another year to run. They just value your car as of right now and pay of your finance for you and deduct the rest of the interest due. With all the offers I just had to take advantage!! And as SEAT and VW are part of the same group the finance is actually with the same people.

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013

I didn't follow the process all the way through, I used the initial DTD quote to knock down the price a bit at a local dealer. They couldn't quite match DTD but I wanted to buy from them because they've got a good rep, were offering a fair trade-in for my current car and had the exact model I was looking for sitting on their forecourt ready to go.

Would definitely consider DTD if I didn't have a trade-in next time though.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
They are offering so much on the Leon right now and these may not last until next year.

I have to agree with Swahealy, SEAT have really got a very competitive package for the Leon right now - Free Tech Pack (SE & FR models), £1,000 deposit contribution and low interest PCP finance @ 4.9% (currently running until 31st Dec unless they extend the offers)

Having a new addition to my family I was looking to replace my 3 door A3 S-Line and I was comparing the Leon FR with Golf GTD and A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line and even having added a few options to the Leon I found it to be about £3,300 cheaper than the Golf and £4,500 cheaper than the A3. So really a no brainer for me why I went with the Leon, it is also a bonus that it looks more striking too :D

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I didn't follow the process all the way through, I used the initial DTD quote to knock down the price a bit at a local dealer. They couldn't quite match DTD but I wanted to buy from them because they've got a good rep, were offering a fair trade-in for my current car and had the exact model I was looking for sitting on their forecourt ready to go.

Would definitely consider DTD if I didn't have a trade-in next time though.

Similar situation here Steve, I used DTD prices as a guide to haggle and my dealer couldn't quite match it, they got within £280 of it. But as they gave me a reasonable price for my current car I did the deal.

I will try and sell my car privately though once the time comes but good to have a reasonable price to fall back on from the Dealer.

steve67

i was looking at the FR,,,,,
looks like i may have to drag 'she who must be obeyed' down to seat.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.