New Leon finance questions

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
i was looking at the FR,,,,,
looks like i may have to drag 'she who must be obeyed' down to seat.

lol good luck mate, the FR has pretty much got everything that she would need so hopefully she can be won over :D
If all fails put it into sports mode and see the ambient light in the cabin turn to red (on the front doors) that might impress [B)]

JohnNW

Don't bother with Brokers4cars they are buying them in as hire cars and you won't be on the V5.
This isn't exactly true.

What happens is you are the registered owner but the address they use is their address. You are free to notify DVLA of your correct address after two months.

Although not ideal, the 20.5% discount might help overcome any fears.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
This isn't exactly true.

What happens is you are the registered owner but the address they use is their address. You are free to notify DVLA of your correct address after two months.

Although not ideal, the 20.5% discount might help overcome any fears.

This wasn't the case when I enquired earlier this year.
  • Your name and address won't be on the V5C
  • They won't provide you with the V5C
  • You can't become registered keeper (your name and address on the V5C) until minimum of 6 months has elapsed and you have the original V5C
The reason for this is they are bought in as hire/fleet cars, hence the big discount.
To drive in the EU you having a 'copy' of the V5C isn't sufficient, authorities want to see the original. Authorities will however accept a VE103 - Vehicle on Hire Certificate. When I asked broker4cars about providing this (along with the V5C retention period) I got no response whatsoever, which pretty much said it all IMHO...

broker4cars said:
You should take note that during the period before your details as the new registered keeper are provided to, processed by and recorded with the DVLA you are at risk of contravening section 43c of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 of the keeper details not being currently up to date. As the registration process is in the hands of third parties we cannot provided exact transfer timescale.
broker4cars said:
Please ensure you disclose to your vehicle insurer that you are the owner and main driver of the vehicle but not currently the registered keeper.
broker4cars said:
Also, check the validity of the “new for old” section of your vehicle insurance policy with your insurer as it may require you to be the first registered keeper.
So, I'm not saying don't use them, just that they weren't for me, I wouldn't of been able to legally drive in France, or use my current insurer for example.
This is very different to buying a car from a dealer and anyone thinking of using them should be aware of the risks involved.

Last edited: