What did you and your MK2 do today?

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Hey Kev,

I am on stg 2. Next thing I am doing is a new clutch and lsd so eventually brakes will be an option.
Those brakes look real good.. Ive been thinking about brakes for a while but they always seem so expensive for the upgrade. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid?
Have you tried them out properly yet?

thanks, m.

Same brakes as i have, unfortunately for you all only 10 sets where made of these and all 10 sets have now gone.

Alex @ AKS does offer other options though for better prices than most

I'm planning on stage 2+, when I seen Andrews post when he got a set of these brakes and I decided to go for the brakes 1st as there was only 2 sets left when I rang Aks. This brake kit cost £1500 but Alex at aks tuning made 10 kits up himself that's how he could sell them at such a good price, I think I've read somewhere rrp would be £2k + to buy the parts to make a single kit up.

I've not tried them properly yet, but I plan on doing a trackday if I can get a day of work in November. Andrew has tried the kit properly he has been on a track day with the brake kit and I recall him said they are a big improvement over the standard brakes.

If your after a big brake kit keep an eye on the for sale section on the mk5golfgti forum for kits I've seen VWR kits on there and ttrs kits for sale recently.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Seen someone on here say they fitted a Piper cross filter and it got them upto 187bhp?
Any truth in this?

Thinking this is the one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181068519619?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Also, reckon there would be any noise difference?

Just put one in. Made a huge difference.
And by huge I mean, none at all.

With your head hanging over the intake you can hear a bit more if a sucking noise, but nothing noticeable during drive.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Rolling road over read again, you won't see any gains in a diesel

K and N panel filters definitely flow more air but a loss of filtration ability over stock paper filters. The formula for power in a diesel is more air and more fuel equals more power. How much power is in the science though and I think it's been discussed several times and obviated that stock paper air filters are able to flow enough air to support about 220/230 bhp.

m.001

Oct 1, 2012
Same brakes as i have, unfortunately for you all only 10 sets where made of these and all 10 sets have now gone.

Alex @ AKS does offer other options though for better prices than most

damn thats a pity... looked like a great deal for the price.
thanks for the info

m.001

Oct 1, 2012
I'm planning on stage 2+, when I seen Andrews post when he got a set of these brakes and I decided to go for the brakes 1st as there was only 2 sets left when I rang Aks. This brake kit cost £1500 but Alex at aks tuning made 10 kits up himself that's how he could sell them at such a good price, I think I've read somewhere rrp would be £2k + to buy the parts to make a single kit up.

I've not tried them properly yet, but I plan on doing a trackday if I can get a day of work in November. Andrew has tried the kit properly he has been on a track day with the brake kit and I recall him said they are a big improvement over the standard brakes.

If your after a big brake kit keep an eye on the for sale section on the mk5golfgti forum for kits I've seen VWR kits on there and ttrs kits for sale recently.

hey kev,

thanks a lot for all the information... they look beautiful and im sure theyll be a big improvement on the standard cupra brakes..

ill try keep and eye out on the golfgti forum.
good luck with all the upcoming mods.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Popped into the local bodyshop to see how much those roof dent would cost to fix.

Quoted me £150, which includes a full roof respray to blend in etc.. Gonna take it in next monday.

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
That's not bad money, obviously would be a lot better if you didn't have to deal with it in the first place but it could have been worse.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Yeah, the chap who owns it is a decent fella and hes done work for me in the past and is always spot on.

Someone reversed into me earlier this year and split the bottom lip of the front bumper so he fixedd that for me and resprayed the bonnet at the same time as I had a lot of unsightly bad scratches all over it.

He also painted a set of mirror caps gloss black for me for £30 a couple of months back.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.